Advice Request Best software for creating system image and restore it

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewbyte

Level 1
Jan 1, 2017
Macrium reflect (free).

More than enough.

Most of the time, when I do a fresh install, I install it, make some system tweaks (without applying batch tweaks, etc.), disabling the most stuff which is provided by Windows itself, making an image and in case I wanna re-format, I just restore the image, takes me like 2 minutes to restore it, which is a lot faster than re-install.

Other than that, occasionally backups/images with macrium reflect.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
recommended: macrium reflect

avoid: EaseUs. Sorry @frogboy ;) I don't trust them because 1 of their software broke my laptop and other people's laptops reported on their forum but no solution, just excuses
I lost all my data in all partitions
I suppose the reliability of the product counts. Besides Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper how about backup/restore product from the followings

a) Paragon Backup and Recovery Free Edition
b) DriveImage XML
c) Clonezilla Live

Are they reliable too? Thanks

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
I would be very leary of Drive Cloner RX. I tested but wouldn't the design precluded me me from even trying a restore. The reason. No adequate drive label. All they offered was the drive type id so if you have more then one drive(which you need) you have no way of identifying the drives. You have to label your drives and the imaging recoverying software has to be able to read the labels.

Caveat. The reason you need unique labels, as drive letters can change from what you have in windows to what you have in the recovery environment.

Caveat. You should test actual recovery. Anything else and you are kidding yourself.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I suppose the reliability of the product counts. Besides Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper how about backup/restore product from the followings

b) DriveImage XML
c) Clonezilla Live

sorry I don't use these softwares so I can't answer your question
I think most users here recommend macrium because they have good experience with it. So do I

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016

b) DriveImage XML
c) Clonezilla Live

They all seem to be reliable although DriveImage is slow. Don't know the state of them currently. The best way to know is to test and you get the benefit of the knowing what will happen.

Reactions: HarborFront
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.