Advice Request Best software updater

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello! There are several software updaters available that can help you keep your applications up to date. Here are a few options that support a wide range of applications:

1. Patch My PC: It is a free software updater that scans your system for outdated software and provides one-click updates for a large number of applications. It has an extensive database and supports both free and paid software.

2. SUMo (Software Update Monitor): SUMo is a free software updater that scans your system for outdated software and provides updates for a wide range of applications. It has a large software database and can even detect beta versions of software.

3. Ninite: Ninite is a popular software updater that allows you to select multiple applications and install or update them all at once. It supports a wide range of popular applications and is available in both free and paid versions.

4. Secunia PSI: Secunia PSI is a free software updater that scans your system for outdated software and provides updates for a wide range of applications. It also provides security advisories for vulnerable software and helps you keep your system secure.

5. Avast Software Updater: Avast Software Updater is a free tool that scans your system for outdated software and provides updates for a wide range of applications. It has a user-friendly interface and can automatically update software in the background.

These are just a few examples of software updaters that can help you keep your applications up to date. Each of them has its own features and capabilities, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Does it update it's software database for new software entry ?
I think it does.
Check the list below.
This BETA only has portable suport for community updates as new stuff. The database is currently almost empty, please feel free to use it to start filling data
You can check this topic for more references:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Code:
winget upgrade --all --include-unknown --accept-package-agreements --accept-source-agreements
capture_12142023_125816.jpg

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I use mainly PatchMyPC, but also still trying out other software for same purposes...

IMO, UpdateHub is worth to follow development, but it's far from being as good as SUMo.

If you search more for Software Package Managers: RuckZuck

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I was browsing the internet and came across this program. Can anyone who already has it or has tried it tell me if it is a safe and reliable program? Is the premium plan worth it? Is it a good substitute for SUMO? Thanks 😁

Glarysoft Software Update
I don't recommend buying it, as it only finds updates for a small amount of software. Currently it finds updates for only one app on my computer, whereas UCheck finds 52 updates. Patch My PC which like Glarysoft Software Update downloads and automatically installs updates, finds five updates.

From time to time, you can get Software Update Pro for free as a giveaway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.