Serious Discussion Best Stand Alone AV's

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Just wondering what opinions are regarding any anti-virus that you can run alone with no secondary programs and get above average protection. I know Kaspersky is always mentioned, are there any others? I feel that no program is 100% effective 100% of the time and is the reason I run a secondary program such as Cyberlock or SWH. But for the sake of anyone wanting simplicity is there one AV you can run and be secure? Would any of you run an AV only and nothing else? Thanks.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
In terms of standalone antivirus programs that provide above-average protection, Kaspersky is indeed highly regarded and often recommended. It consistently performs well in independent antivirus tests and offers a comprehensive range of features.

However, there are other options worth considering as well. Here are a few standalone antivirus programs that have been praised for their effectiveness:

1. Bitdefender: Known for its excellent detection rates and low system impact, Bitdefender is a popular choice among users. It offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features, including real-time protection, web filtering, and ransomware protection.

2. Norton: Norton has a long-standing reputation for providing reliable antivirus protection. It offers a robust set of features, including real-time threat detection, web protection, and a firewall. Norton also boasts a user-friendly interface and low system impact.

3. ESET NOD32: ESET NOD32 is known for its fast scanning speed and low system resource usage. It offers effective malware detection and includes features like real-time protection, web filtering, and email scanning.

While running a standalone antivirus program can provide a good level of security, it's important to note that no antivirus is 100% foolproof. It's always a good idea to supplement your antivirus with other security measures, such as regular software updates, strong passwords, and safe browsing practices.

Ultimately, the decision to run only an antivirus program or to use additional security tools depends on your individual needs and risk tolerance. Some users may feel comfortable relying solely on a reputable antivirus program, while others prefer to have multiple layers of protection in place.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Thought you are using Kaspersky

I used to use it, but I'm much more of a fan of Eset, which is an antivirus I've been using for years :)

Surprised that is your choice.

Edit: I guess maybe not seeing that you are using it now along with Cyberlock. But would you use it without CL? That is the question my friend who is up very early in the morning. :p
I could use it without CL but I have a lifetime license so I keep using it :)

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@Digmor Crusher

You mentioned Kaspersky is a popular solution. I have been using Kaspersky for years with no infections or issues. Updates, upgrades, and settings have all been smooth. There has been no noticeable slowdown. I recommend it to average or novice users. Kaspersky has effective layered components and strong default protection. System Watcher's thresholds are the best in the business. Parental Control or Safe Kids works reliably, even with a VPN connection. If you want powerful security, stability, and usability, I recommend Kaspersky as the best standalone security solution.

Kaspersky... Is the Superman of the Cyber Universe, wearing Green Underwear as a symbol of its invincibility against Kryptonite-ware and dedication to shielding users from malware! :cool::)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Kaspersky... Is the Superman of the Cyber Universe, wearing Green Underwear as a symbol of its invincibility against Kryptonite-ware and dedication to shielding users from malware! :cool::)
they actually have the superman as bear

1701597248689.png

1701600656643.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.