Big Malware Pack

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Hello, so im looking for a big malware sample pack because i want to try out some av's..

i have seen on some youtube clips etc that ppl have like a 500+ random .exe files and such, just launching them all and compare av's.

I wonder where can i find those packs? I Know there are some samples here on the forum but i want more like a pack.

Best Regards, Zerion.

A

Alkajak

Those 500+ packs are only offered through third party services for serious malware testers that do a lot of analysis submissions.

Otherwise, the packs posted here are handpicked exe files out of dozens of false positives on malware analysis websites.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Caution : Only if you know what you are doing, and testing in a controlled virtual environment with proper safety measures between host-guest OS, network and preferably a different machine altogether for testing.If you are unprepared or attempting this for the first time then I would strongly advise against it.If unsure you can take a look at the malware hub posts for a correct test procedure and safety.

Yes you may find free maware packs by registering for free/paid from well known sources only like VirusSign, malwarehunterteam, amanatsumikann and for url testing you may use public domain malware blocklists.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Hello, so im looking for a big malware sample pack because i want to try out some av's..

i have seen on some youtube clips etc that ppl have like a 500+ random .exe files and such, just launching them all and compare av's.

I wonder where can i find those packs? I Know there are some samples here on the forum but i want more like a pack.

Best Regards, Zerion.
What about VirusSign? - Free Downloads - VirusSign | Malware Research & Data Center, Virus Free Downloads
Or try VirusShare if you want even more (!), but cannot say how old those samples are. - VirusShare.com
Both need you to ask for a login, they're free once access is granted.

You can find most of them in the Hub, but playing with live malware should always be done in a controlled environment.

Caution : Only if you know what you are doing, and testing in a controlled virtual environment with proper safety measures between host-guest OS, network and preferably a different machine altogether for testing.If you are unprepared or attempting this for the first time then I would strongly advise against it.If unsure you can take a look at the malware hub posts for a correct test procedure and safety.

Yes you may find free maware packs by registering for free/paid from well known sources only like VirusSign, malwarehunterteam, amanatsumikann and for url testing you may use public domain malware blocklists.
+1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.