Binisoft/Malwarebytes Firewall Control 6.5.0.0

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Seems like after a few months of inactivity they are still updating it.

What's new in version 6.5.0.0 (20.05.2021)

- New: The notification dialog displays now the count of blocked attempts for each
program that is notified.
- Improved: The keyboard shortcuts to switch between notifications were changed in
notification dialog to Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right.
- Fixed: Privilege escalation vulnerability was fixed in WFC service.
- Fixed: Some group names are not displayed correctly in Rules Panel.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Still doesn't work for me and cannot even install it at all. Been like this for a while now, shame really as this software is very good.

~LDogg
The author continues to be an active participant in Wilder's opinion exchange meetings. I think it's worth inquiring about.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Most of the ones in circulation these days are designed to configure Windows built-in FW, so there is not much difference in performance. In my opinion, these software serve as a director.
In this respect, this software is in a standard position.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I have decided to give it another try. Creating rules is easy based on blocked connections, but there are bugs. Some apps do not work, even when allowed, like windows updates, lol.

Attachments

• capture_05272021_140621.jpg
    capture_05272021_140621.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 391
  • capture_05272021_140738.jpg
    capture_05272021_140738.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 382

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
The software is not displaying any notifications, and it's blocking digitally signed processes like Origin and FIFA 21, despite being in Learning Mode. I think it got bugged...

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The software is not displaying any notifications, and it's blocking digitally signed processes like Origin and FIFA 21, despite being in Learning Mode. I think it got bugged...

Outbound connections notifications are disabled by default, but you probably already enabled related setting manually ?
I had never any issues with notifications of WFC, of course doesn't help in your case 🤷‍♂️

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Outbound connections notifications are disabled by default, but you probably already enabled related setting manually ?
I had never any issues with notifications of WFC, of course doesn't help in your case 🤷‍♂️
The default is no filtering for outbound, so notifications aren't needed. But I've changed to Medium filtering and Learning Mode a long time ago.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Do you have Display notifications enabled?

View attachment 259492
No, like I said, I'm using Learning Mode there, which should allow all digitally signed programs. But it's not doing that, and also not showing notifications. Yesterday I installed Origin and FIFA 21, none could connect to the internet and there were no notifications, I had to manually create a rule. Strange.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Some time ago, I've uninstalled Fifa/Origin and deleted their rules, maybe it remembers that I deleted the rules?

Reactions: Nevi

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Impossible using Learning Mode to receive notifications for signed apps...

Just try to enable "Display notifications" on Medium Filtering.

#1.png

Some time ago, I've uninstalled Fifa/Origin and deleted their rules, maybe it remembers that I deleted the rules?

Please check on "Rules Panel" on the right side option "Show invalid rules" there shouldn't be any entry (leftover former rule).

#2.png

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
The problem is not that it didn't show the notification, is that it didn't allow it. Since it didn't allow it... maybe it treated the processes as non-digitally signed? That's why I was thought about notifications.

wat0114

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
No, like I said, I'm using Learning Mode there, which should allow all digitally signed programs. But it's not doing that, and also not showing notifications.
Sorry, I missed that. If you scroll down to "Advanaced notifications settings", what are the option(s) enabled there?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.