Advice Request Binisoft WFC problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I've been having a very odd issue with the firewall. I'm not able to tell if it's with WFC, Windows' advanced firewall, or both. I know the former is just a GUI for the latter, but maybe there's a setting there causing my issue. Anyway, I play Destiny 2 on Steam. And, lately, I cannot successfully connect to the Destiny 2 servers without first disabling the Firewall. That makes no sense because, as you can see below the rule for Destiny2.exe allows access for everything. Nothing is blocked, in or out. Yet if I look the the log there are numerous entries for Destiny2.exe. If I let WFC create an allow rule for me, based on the log, it creates a rule that matches what I already have. And still I get more blocked entries in the log.. I'm at a loss for what the issue could be. There are no block rules that could be denying the request, yet if I disable the firewall everything works. Anyone have any ideas?

rules.png

log.png

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
But in the second image it is seen that you have a lot of rules to block the game to different IP addresses.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
But in the second image it is seen that you have a lot of rules to block the game to different IP addresses.

Those aren't rules. That's the log window. The rules are in the first screenshot. But the rules are all allow, and I can't see why there were deny log entries.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
You can stretch the column to find out what exactly is blocking? in steamapps.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
You can stretch the column to find out what exactly is blocking? in steamapps.

How? It's destiny2.exe being blocked but the log shows no block rule, and if I create a custom rule based on what the log says it wants nothing different happens.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Even deleting the steam and destiny 2 rules, then putting WFC in learning mode, and launching the game, doesn't solve it. :cautious:

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I even just deleted all my rules, turned on learning mode, and launched the game. Nothing changed. I still can't connect.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
What if you create a rule for Destiny with the source ip 10.131.51.177 to allow the connection? Is it still the same?

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I'm starting to think it's not firewall related. How can it be, if I started over from a new ruleset and used the learning mode?

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
As far as I know, WFC doesn't create log files. The only thing I know I can do is post a screenshot of the log windows, which is what I initially did.

Reactions: eonline

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.