Bitan1990 Security configuration

Bitan1990

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Hi, I am not much aware about computer security as I have little or no knowledge about os architecture and its security configuration. I am a general computer user. To keep my laptop secure, I do not use torrent and any illegal software , never visit any website which is not require for me. Keep my os and security software up to date and regularly back up my important data to external storage . Regularly scan my laptop with security software and install ( also keep update ) only the software which I really use or essential to minimize attack surface as minimal as possible. Encrypt my hard drive and pen drive if require . Regularly check security blog of yours and different security software companies. Actually I believe the chances of getting infected, data loss or hacked is mostly because of careless use.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharig your use of ubuntu as well as the Windows 10 system!

To ubuntu I would add gufw firewall.
..plus the safe 'junk' cleaner, bleachbit.
Although I am using the not quite "old" yet Windows 8.1, ;) browsing within a virtual sandbox program that's also free is an effective way of literally going back in a time (like having a <reset> button). Read more & downlad Sandboxie here:
Once it becomes more familiar, there' ll be just one more step when opening your browser.;)

Thanks for sharing, & allowing me to do the same.:D

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero

Bitan1990

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Hi Cats-4_owner-2,
Thank you for your great suggestion. Actually I use Gufw,clamav, and some time bleachbit in Ubuntu. Have no experience with sandbox in windows 10.I have used it with Windows 7 and experience was good . I will try it on my windows 10.

Thnx :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very fine configuration, you may add an on demand scanner which holds multi engine for reference purpose like HerdProtect/Zemana Antimalware or Hitman Pro. :)

K7 IS should be sufficient for you even though some results posted by independent testing organization shown a range of being mediocre. But take it as a grain of salt due to volume of samples.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.