Bitan1990 Security configuration

Bitan1990

Oct 19, 2015
Hi, I am not much aware about computer security as I have little or no knowledge about os architecture and its security configuration. I am a general computer user. To keep my laptop secure, I do not use torrent and any illegal software , never visit any website which is not require for me. Keep my os and security software up to date and regularly back up my important data to external storage . Regularly scan my laptop with security software and install ( also keep update ) only the software which I really use or essential to minimize attack surface as minimal as possible. Encrypt my hard drive and pen drive if require . Regularly check security blog of yours and different security software companies. Actually I believe the chances of getting infected, data loss or hacked is mostly because of careless use.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 38
Verified
Trusted
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharig your use of ubuntu as well as the Windows 10 system!

To ubuntu I would add gufw firewall.
..plus the safe 'junk' cleaner, bleachbit.
Although I am using the not quite "old" yet Windows 8.1, ;) browsing within a virtual sandbox program that's also free is an effective way of literally going back in a time (like having a <reset> button). Read more & downlad Sandboxie here:
Once it becomes more familiar, there' ll be just one more step when opening your browser.;)

Thanks for sharing, & allowing me to do the same.:D

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero

Bitan1990

Oct 19, 2015
Hi Cats-4_owner-2,
Thank you for your great suggestion. Actually I use Gufw,clamav, and some time bleachbit in Ubuntu. Have no experience with sandbox in windows 10.I have used it with Windows 7 and experience was good . I will try it on my windows 10.

Thnx :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Mar 15, 2011
Very fine configuration, you may add an on demand scanner which holds multi engine for reference purpose like HerdProtect/Zemana Antimalware or Hitman Pro. :)

K7 IS should be sufficient for you even though some results posted by independent testing organization shown a range of being mediocre. But take it as a grain of salt due to volume of samples.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2