Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Spirit,
Check http://i.imgur.com/dK4aZWl.jpg
Or check Google Images, Bitdefender website or it's Facebook page.
MalwareDoctor did a review here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Bitdefender-Internet-Security-2014-Final-MalwareDoctor

Moose,
I'm not surprised, couldn't expect anything less when running 2 real-time antivirus/anti-malware programs. Problems, problems and more problems. :biggrin:

zeff

Level 1
Dec 18, 2011
can i use license key of bitdefender total security 2013 with bitdefender total security 2014

zeff

Level 1
Dec 18, 2011
Paul.R said:
@zeff
Hi!
Yes.
Have a nice day!

Can U pls give me official offline Installer download Link for Bitdiffender Total security 2014(64 bit)

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
zeff said:
Paul.R said:
@zeff
Hi!
Yes.
Have a nice day!

Can U pls give me official offline Installer download Link for Bitdiffender Total security 2014(64 bit)

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/t_security/2014/en-us/bitdefender_ts_17_64b.exe

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
ZeroDay said:
Zurchiboy said:
sounds like bitdefender had streaming updates like norton and avast. Did they say anything about utilizing the cloud even more so that they don't have to update as frequently in another attempt to improve performance?

Where did you read that Bitdefender has streaming updates? Thanks.

Norton updates every few minutes which is what you said bitdefender did. they have pulse updates and from what you said, it seems that bitdefender had a similar tecnology.

Z

ZeroDay

No, I never said it updated every few minutes. I said I used to manually updates it a few times every hour and it always found updates.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Earth!
Spirit,

Moose,
I'm not surprised, couldn't expect anything less when running 2 real-time antivirus/anti-malware programs. Problems, problems and more problems. Biggrin

Sorry to disappoint you, but I was thinking about running Emsisoft Anti-Malware with BitDefender but I did not go their! I remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware from my line up.

Here is what I have on my PC's as follow:

> BitDefender Free Edition
> Comodo Firewall Free Editon
> Hitman Pro (Paid)
> Malwarebytes Anti Malware Pro (Paid)
> Malwarebytes Anti Rookit Beta
> SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (Paid) Real Time except for the weekends then Malwarebytes Anti Malware!
> Wise Care 365 Tray (scan as needed)

> Browser's Chrome,Comodo Ice Dragon and Internet Explorer with various ad dons.

Run like RACE Car smooth with a lot of speed. A blink of your eye! Very happy with the above combination!
No problems!

Z

ZeroDay

Nice setup Moose, although I'd drop Superantispyware it's not what it used to be and you really don't need it on your setup.

Z

ZeroDay

Update: BD customer support have been intouch with me, I've ran a diagnostic tool they asked me to run and sent them the report that was generated. They've just emailed me back telling me to uninstall MBAM, Advanced systemcare (Not the advanced systemcare with av) Also they want me to uninstall virustotal uploader LOL.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
ZeroDay! why did you have ran a diagnostic tool. What was going on with your PC/PC's?
No Antivirus is a 100% This is why I have a layering of security. I TOTAL disagree with
BD customer support!

With-out question,keep your

> Malwarebytes Anti Malware Pro just turn off real time from time to time. Once and twice through-out the
whole week.
> Not sure about Advance Systemcare
> Virus Total, I just do from the Web Browser!
> U May check into Wise Care 365

Hopefully this give you a new way of looking at BD customer support.

Z

ZeroDay

Hi Moose. I ran a diagnostic report as I noticed BD 2014 was only updating every 3-4 hours whereas the 2013 version updated every hour. I reported this issue to Bitdefender and they got me to run a diagnostic tool, they then asked me to remove Malwarebytes even though it's only on demand, they also asked me to uninstall spywareblaster and, this one is completely ridiculous, they wanted me to uninstall virustotal uploader.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
ZeroDay said:
Hi Moose. I ran a diagnostic report as I noticed BD 2014 was only updating every 3-4 hours whereas the 2013 version updated every hour. I reported this issue to Bitdefender and they got my to run a diagnostic tool, they then asked me to remove Malwarebytes even though it's only on demand, they also asked my to uninstall spywareblaster and, this one is completely ridiculous, they wanted me to uninstall virustotal uploader.
damn... :D

Z

ZeroDay

spywar said:
ZeroDay said:
Hi Moose. I ran a diagnostic report as I noticed BD 2014 was only updating every 3-4 hours whereas the 2013 version updated every hour. I reported this issue to Bitdefender and they got my to run a diagnostic tool, they then asked me to remove Malwarebytes even though it's only on demand, they also asked my to uninstall spywareblaster and, this one is completely ridiculous, they wanted me to uninstall virustotal uploader.
damn... :D

My thought's exactly Spywar lol.

Z

ZeroDay

Since I've refused to remove the mentioned products Bitdefender support ( lol @ support) have stopped responding to my emails.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Try this from time to time, by just turn off real time from time to time. And use as Secondary Scanner. Then turn back on after a couple of hours! This should work!

> Malwarebytes Anti Malware Pro just turn off real time from time to time. Once and twice through-out the
whole week.

BitDefender need work on their Customer Support! Great Software! Just need to learn on how to get along with their Customers. Meaning working with the Customer not again, them. A good example would be with ZeroDay Post! BD had run a lot Customers away from your Software. By telling them to uninstall their other security software, that they have install PC's for a layering effect. And only leave their software!

It is a numbers game, And we will win, if they see we are serious!

Z

ZeroDay

I've been comparing the update frequency in BIS 2014 with EAM and they both update the BD sigs at the same frequency, so this new update frequency is obviously by design. Which makes me wonder why BD support didn't just state this fact instead of trying to get me to uninstall my other software.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
ZeroDay said:
I've been comparing the update frequency in BIS 2014 with EAM and they both update the BD sigs at the same frequency, so this new update frequency is obviously by design. Which makes me wonder why BD support didn't just state this fact instead of trying to get me to uninstall my other software.

Typical response from BD response.They are using the same method as Kaspersky.
Uninstall everything and after that all will be ok.
Madness.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.