Bitdefender 2020 Released

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Like I said in previous comments. Nothing is better than report bugs, annoying features, vulnerabilities or undetected malware to them. Use the proper channels to do it, I mean use Reddit if they are on Reddit, Go to Forum of BD and report, send a Ticket / Contact support.

This is the best way to have an update or fix. Complain in Blogs or Forums they don't see or don't visit, won't help nothing. That is the truth.
If you can do it, join more people with the same problem and complain in these proper channels.

And if you have suggestions about new features you want to be implemented you should give it on Reddit, Forums and Support Tickets.

I just would like to see a better feature against desinfection, like Kaspersky a Rollback should be very nice in BitDefender. I mean I would like to see improvement in these feature, even if they have. It needs to be improved a little more.

BitDefender is not buggy, is doing it great. At least their Web Protection is one of the best IMO.
Agree, if they improve disinfection would be great. But, as far as I remember, they are one of the best at this together with Kaspersky (which has a slightly edge). Rarely another has disinfection feature in the main AV.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I guess it's a Bitdefender's support ticket on Central.

But what kind of FP you having? I guess they are receiving a lot of Fps complaining about safe files, which made them end it up.

They are detecting a company's contact page as a phishing site. Vírus total shows only 3 softwares detect it as a phishing site. Quite sure it's an obvious false positive.

Anyway I reported through their automatic submission site

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Screenshot_20200614-184305~2.png

At least they seem to compensate their bad PUP file detection with a good web filter.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm testing it once more to decide which solution I'll use in my family's machines. The Safe Files feature certainly could use a little more automation with a larger base of trusted software. So far i had to manually allow some games, a software I use to digitally sign PDF documents, an eBook manager and Brother's Scan software. The games were not uncommon at all and Brother's scanning software is quite common.

Maybe it needs a better cloud software categorization and automatic whitelisting for trusted software...

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Got the lastest update (build 24.0.26.137) and so far so good, about the same level of performance of ESET and even better for web browsing.

It seems that the Auto profile popus are less annoying after the update or maybe it is just a coincidence, anyway it is running great on my machine and I glad with its performance and the low price that I paid for it.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Expect new things at BitDefender, year by year. They are improving a lot. Let's see what they have hidden for 2021 version.

I have used BitDefender in the past, and no issues at all. Works very well. Expect a big release. I think they will merge some functions of GravityZone with BitDefender Internet Security. (not all features, because is for Business) but AI and Machine Learning improvement.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Got the lastest update (build 24.0.26.137) and so far so good, about the same level of performance of ESET and even better for web browsing.

It seems that the Auto profile popus are less annoying after the update or maybe it is just a coincidence, anyway it is running great on my machine and I glad with its performance and the low price that I paid for it.
The pop-ups are less here too.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Is anyone else who uses automatic profiles having gaming mode getting stuck on? After this morning's update even on a fresh boot without opening a game it says that gaming mode is on.

Reactions: Protomartyr

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Is anyone else who uses automatic profiles having gaming mode getting stuck on? After this morning's update even on a fresh boot without opening a game it says that gaming mode is on.
Not with game mode (I don't play games on my notebook) but with work profile it appears to change back to normal mode but the profile icon on the main interface continues stuck. I saw that by observing automatic update search schedule since with work profile it became 8/12h and then I saw it was 1h like always, even with work profile icon on the interface.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Not with game mode (I don't play games on my notebook) but with work profile it appears to change back to normal mode but the profile icon on the main interface continues stuck. I saw that by observing automatic update search schedule since with work profile it became 8/12h and then I saw it was 1h like always, even with work profile icon on the interface.
I’ll look at the notifications and see if it’s delaying updates. Rather annoying, but I can always turn it off, or go back to ESET. :cool:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

It started updating automatically again. But if you hover over the task tray icon or open the GUI it shows that game mode is active. I’ll report the bug. Seems I have a similar issue to yours.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.