Bitdefender 2020 Released

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
One thing I noticed about ESET and Bitdefender is that, ESET either requires a scan or to run an application at least once after the installation of ESET to make things fast. But BD on my machine is fast from get go. Doesn't require any scan or launching once to make things open faster.
I noticed this behavior as well. Could it be those signatures in that fast RAM that everybody complains about!? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
One thing I noticed about ESET and Bitdefender is that, ESET either requires a scan or to run an application at least once after the installation of ESET to make things fast. But BD on my machine is fast from get go. Doesn't require any scan or launching once to make things open faster.
It doesn't require, but Bitdefender says it's better running for caching, overall system performance and reduce next scan times. At least on their Reddit.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I noticed this behavior as well. Could it be those signatures in that fast RAM that everybody complains about!? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It doesn't require, but Bitdefender says it's better running for caching, overall system performance and reduce next scan times. At least on their Reddit.
Whatever it is, whether the ram or some other technology, Bitdefender definitely doesn't slow down system performance. Encrypted web scan slow down some page loading slightly but it skips most trusted sites by default so that's good. I'm eager to check out the 2021 version when it comes out.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Whatever it is, whether the ram or some other technology, Bitdefender definitely doesn't slow down system performance. Encrypted web scan slow down some page loading slightly but it skips most trusted sites by default so that's good. I'm eager to check out the 2021 version when it comes out.
Unfortunately last I heard the beta was delayed by Covid...but hopefully no too long.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thank God that someone from Bitdefender noticed how bad the auto-pilot notifications are and promissed a fix:

Capturar.JPG

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Thank God that someone from Bitdefender noticed how bad the auto-pilot notifications are and promissed a fix:

View attachment 242659

Btw, wasn't Bitdefender's Auto-pilot supposed to be notification free? Back when they had the dark UI, auto-pilot was off by default if I remember correctly and when enabled, it would never show any notification, not even detection of threats so that the user can carry on using the PC without any interruptions. What happened to that? 🤔

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Btw, wasn't Bitdefender's Auto-pilot supposed to be notification free? Back when they had the dark UI, auto-pilot was off by default if I remember correctly and when enabled, it would never show any notification, not even detection of threats so that the user can carry on using the PC without any interruptions. What happened to that? 🤔

Until the last software update It was notification free and it worked perfectly fine in that way, but someone at the marketing team thought that was a good idea to annoy the user about "how awesome" Auto-pilot is everytime it is activated or the profile is changed.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Except for the auto-pilot thing (that will be solved), Bitdefender 2020 is running flawless here, I highly recommend it for people that had issues in the past, 2020 left the "Bugdefender" meme in the past.

Bitdefender added support for TLS 1.3 around April and made the web scanner one of the fastest (and safest) for me, it is really good now and everything just works.

Edit: My mistake, TLS 1.3 isnt fully working at the moment.

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Except for the auto-pilot thing (that will be solved), Bitdefender 2020 is running flawless here, I highly recommend it for people that had issues in the past, 2020 left the "Bugdefender" meme in the past.

Bitdefender added support for TLS 1.3 around April and made the web scanner one of the fastest (and safest) for me, it is really good now and everything just works.
They added TLS 1.3 support? I only see TLS 1.2 connections when HTTPS scanning is on.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

Edit: My mistake, TLS 1.3 isnt fully working at the moment.
I think having excluded trusted certificates like ESET does helps a lot. But as far as I know ESET was the fastest to implement TLS 1.3 fully. And it works great. If BD implements TLS 1.3 I'll probably stick with it for quite a while. They are really upping their game...other than the notifications/marketing.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
@Paul.R @blackice You guys are right, TLS 1.3 isnt working at all with the latest version, I was almost sure that after April it got supported.

Pardon me for my mistake, I dont know why I got the TLS 1.3 support when I was testing it last month.
No worries, maybe they were rolling it out and it had issues? Hopefully they get it going soon. I was secretly hoping I just missed an update and could get it working somehow.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Like I said in previous comments. Nothing is better than report bugs, annoying features, vulnerabilities or undetected malware to them. Use the proper channels to do it, I mean use Reddit if they are on Reddit, Go to Forum of BD and report, send a Ticket / Contact support.

This is the best way to have an update or fix. Complain in Blogs or Forums they don't see or don't visit, won't help nothing. That is the truth.
If you can do it, join more people with the same problem and complain in these proper channels.

And if you have suggestions about new features you want to be implemented you should give it on Reddit, Forums and Support Tickets.

I just would like to see a better feature against desinfection, like Kaspersky a Rollback should be very nice in BitDefender. I mean I would like to see improvement in these feature, even if they have. It needs to be improved a little more.

BitDefender is not buggy, is doing it great. At least their Web Protection is one of the best IMO.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.