Bitdefender 2020 Released

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
Tested it because all the good words here from you guys. Hated it many years because it always was heavy and buggy as hell. Well, it works like its not installed. All opens instantly, no fps drops while gaming, surfing is fast enough( i dont care about the 200mb ram, I dont life in 1995 with 1 gb ram. Thats a keeper for me. Bitdefender with voodooshield is hell of a strong combo :) When it does not get buggy or slow, i have my combo for this year until both licenses runs out.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Tested it because all the good words here from you guys. Hated it many years because it always was heavy and buggy as hell. Well, it works like its not installed. All opens instantly, no fps drops while gaming, surfing is fast enough( i dont care about the 200mb ram, I dont life in 1995 with 1 gb ram. Thats a keeper for me. Bitdefender with voodooshield is hell of a strong combo :) When it does not get buggy or slow, i have my combo for this year until both licenses runs out.
And Voodooshield does not cause you a slight slowdown in program launching?

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The signatures of bitdefender seemed to have gone downhill. No doubt their ATC is excellent but sometimes it's too late. In my latest test, the PC managed to get infected even though ATC intercepted the attacks. @beavisviruses Do you have anything to say mate? Here's the link to the test-
That behaviour is familiar to me, even when I tested not so long BD Free 2019 in the Hub...

So what do you think this delay is caused by? Maybe it's related to the cloud?

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
We should consider that every VM may slow down reactions from AVs what might be faster on normal systems...
But I don't test in VM. I test on the host PC in Shadow Mode. I think that BD waits for any malicious action to be performed and then only ATC intercepts it. But maybe ATC can't reverse all the malicious actions, just some of them. I don't have any solid proof it's just my guess.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1564532816592.png

That is all.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
according to my experience, BD's cloud is really bad compared to other vendors, rarely blocks anything
it can be seen when the signatures are not yet updated -> cloud will block the files

when signatures are fully updated, cloud detection is almost never seen

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
according to my experience, BD's cloud is really bad compared to other vendors, rarely blocks anything
it can be seen when the signatures are not yet updated -> cloud will block the files

when signatures are fully updated, cloud detection is almost never seen
Perhaps this is because it has a very aggressive update schedule: once an hour. With a schedule like that, cloud is not as critical.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Perhaps this is because it has a very aggressive update schedule: once an hour. With a schedule like that, cloud is not as critical.
yeah, but other vendors use their cloud system with other tecnologies such as ML, reputation analysis, behavior analysis, multi-engine scanning, block-at-first-sign-like engine,...

it seems to me that BD's cloud fills the signature gap between 2 signature updates and is for malware submission only
it probably has more features but I don't see them

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
yeah, but other vendors use their cloud system with other tecnologies such as ML, reputation analysis, behavior analysis, multi-engine scanning, block-at-first-sign-like engine,...

it seems to me that BD's cloud fills the signature gap between 2 signature updates and is for malware submission only
it probably has more features but I don't see them
Overall, what's your opinion of BD protection?

I see people complaining of very slow ATC. Perhaps it still blocks the malware at the critical stage?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.