Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Overall, what's your opinion of BD protection?

I see people complaining of very slow ATC. Perhaps it still blocks the malware at the critical stage?
I still think BD in overall is one of the best AVs. No doubt
but I think they are falling behind a little bit especially in detection rate. It has been like that for few years
I don't see any big improvement in protection capability/technology compared to version 2017. V2017 might be even better because we can increase ATC to aggressive while they removed this option in v2018

Eset used to be in the same condition but they cameback stronger

however, BD is not great for people who want to lockdown their PCs because there is no default-deny module if I'm not mistaken

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
I uninstalled BD yesterday and now when i turn PC on bitdefender agent opens at boot up. I don't have any bitdefender software in revo uninstaller or control panel, so i wanted to delete manually from windows explorer and i can't because some program is using it. I checked task manager and there is nothing connected to bitdefender.

What a piece of ##### software BD is.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I uninstalled BD yesterday and now when i turn PC on bitdefender agent opens at boot up. I don't have any bitdefender software in revo uninstaller or control panel, so i wanted to delete manually from windows explorer and i can't because some program is using it. I checked task manager and there is nothing connected to bitdefender.

What a piece of **** software BD is.
You need to uninstall Bitdefender Agent. It is a separate piece of software, and requires a separate uninstallation.

trillianwebdesign

Jul 31, 2019
I just purchased the BitDefender 2020 last night and installed.
I am having serious connectivity issues in Firefox and Chrome. Most pages time out now with one of the errors being: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR
My internet is now acting like it is 1941
Speedtests, pings and traceroutes all are normal.

I have no other extensions or plugins in my browsers, all browsers are up-to-date, and things have been restarted multiple times.
All BD2020 settings are "install default", full scans have been done with no issues. I made sure the program has the latest update. All computer drivers are updated.
Uninstalling this program removes the issue in all browsers.

I understand that ANY firewall included into a path will slow the path due to packet inspections, but this is ridiculous. Webpages that used to load in under 3 seconds now take over a minute. I often have to hit the refresh to get pages to load.

I am hoping that someone will have something to offer... Thanks

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I am having serious connectivity issues in Firefox and Chrome. Most pages time out now with one of the errors being: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

I have no other extensions or plugins in my browsers, all browsers are up-to-date, and things have been restarted multiple times.
All BD2020 settings are "install default", full scans have been done with no issues. I made sure the program has the latest update. All computer drivers are updated.

I understand that ANY firewall included into a path will slow the path due to packet inspections, but this is ridiculous. Webpages that used to load in under 3 seconds now take over a minute. I often have to hit the refresh to get pages to load.

Have you tried to contact support since you are a paid user? This seems to be related to https scan, I guess

Reactions: roger_m

trillianwebdesign

Jul 31, 2019
yes, and they had me turn off everything, but the issue was still there.
Through my own testing, it looks like it might have something to do with the firewall part. pages would never finish loading. I ended up removing the program and locked down my Windows firewall completely until I have more time to address it.

Reactions: roger_m

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Try to disable HTTPS scan in the online protection settings and reboot.

Btw, why you purchased the product without trialing first?

Lemon60

Level 2
Jun 11, 2019
bd.PNG

Umm.

But that's ok. Why i bought 16GB RAM ?

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018

Let them refund you your money.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

That actually isn't generally true anymore.. I have Bit Defender 2020 on a 500Mbps connection, and it's smooth as silk. I am now up to 25 installs for friends/family, no issues.. Connections range from 1000Mbps fiber, down to 25Mbps. No complaints or issues.

I did do a cursory cleanup on each machine before installation. Ensuring previous security products were removed, and drivers were updated. A run through with Privazer and everything went smooth as silk.

Honestly, I think some people just have corrupted Windows installs or other issues.

P

Pkjfkknm

That actually isn't generally true anymore.. I have Bit Defender 2020 on a 500Mbps connection, and it's smooth as silk. I am now up to 25 installs for friends/family, no issues.. Connections range from 1000Mbps fiber, down to 25Mbps. No complaints or issues.

I did do a cursory cleanup on each machine before installation. Ensuring previous security products were removed, and drivers were updated. A run through with Privazer and everything went smooth as silk.

Honestly, I think some people just have corrupted Windows installs or other issues.

Observation of your constant posting - you make many, many contradictory statements and your opinions change like a revolving door constantly.

It is just a matter of a short while before BD "does something" and you will uninstall it and proclaim it garbage again.
2.PNG
3.PNG
1.PNG

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I uninstalled BD yesterday and now when i turn PC on bitdefender agent opens at boot up. I don't have any bitdefender software in revo uninstaller or control panel, so i wanted to delete manually from windows explorer and i can't because some program is using it.
Download and run their uninstall tool and it should remove all leftovers.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.