Bitdefender Antivirus 2017 VS Immunet Antivirus 5

hgabi84

Thread author
Mar 16, 2017
Dear Experts!

I just wish to know the best answer from best people - You :) - Which is the best protection for a computer nowadays? Which is better? Or may I use them both on the same computer?

Regards,

Gabor

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
Immunet provide protection using internet connection only (uses virus signatures stored in the cloud) , i.e., no offline protection and any type of behavioral detection. If you get onto their website, you will find that they advertise feature "BASIC DETECTION AND REMOVAL" thus it is recommended alongside of your main antivirus.

Bitdefender has one of the best signatures (offline signatures) and have good other features too like Active threat control, Ransomware protection, etc.
Thus, I will recommend to use Bitdefender to use. If you feel to try Immunet then you can do it alongside Bitdefender as Immunet is more secondary scanner option.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
If you're considering using only one of them then there's no competition in my eyes, Bitdefender every time. Saying that, Immunet is meant to be used as a secondary real-time antivirus to supplement the protection afforded by your main AV so you should be absolutely fine running both together.

Install Bitdefender first, then install Immunet, then see if Bitdefender is listed on the left side of Immunet's interface. If so then they're fully compatible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gdant and Solarlynx

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Technically, it is possible to have two engines, that act at the same time without interfering, but this occurs when a softwarehouse study of a specific product to run together with another antivirus.
So, it seems Immunet can coexist with another AV.
In this case, you can test Bitdefender with Immunet seeing if the situation is convenient for your needs.

Reactions: Gdant and Solarlynx

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can use both, but Bitdefender as primary (see it's features) and Immunet as secondary.

However, I don't recommend multiple real-time Antivirus software, because it makes one or the other redundant. Rather explore other security such as; Sandboxing, Whitelisting and Defaut-deny.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.