App Review Bitdefender Internet Security 2024

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Bitdefender is a well-known Romanian antivirus, often in competition with its rival, Kaspersky.
It is often featured on comparison sites as "the best antivirus".
Its reputation is very strong, but let's see if it's really deserved...

User interface :

Bitdefender's interface remains consistent and easy to use.
In this test, I decided to test the Internet Security version. The Total version brings nothing in terms of security and provides optimization tools which are useless for the test.

As far as RAM is concerned, Bitdefender has made great efforts to keep consumption to a fairly normal level.

Web protection: 10/10

Bitdefender's Web protection is flawless.
What I like about it is that it doesn't just block the page, it blocks directly at the source! (as Trend Micro does, for example).
This will also block other malware hosted by the malicious server, which I appreciate.

Fake crack : 1/1

I manage to run the dropper but Bitdefender goes straight into action to block malicious installations and makes the link with the execution.
Activ Virus Control places the fake crack in quarantine.

Malware Pack : Remaining 19 out of 856 threats.

Bitdefender's scanner is very fast, although I did notice a slight regression on 0-day malware during the scan.
This doesn't prevent the antivirus from correctly blocking the malware I'm running, thanks to its behavioral protection!
All executions are blocked, congratulations!

Final scan :
Bitdefender : 0
NPE : 0
KVRT : 0 (I ignore a file that is a false positive)

Final opinion:

Bitdefender once again proves its strong reputation as a leading antivirus.
Its Web and behavioral protection are very powerful and can protect a computer very well, even in a high-risk environment.
However, I would still like Bitdefender to improve its 0-day scan detection.
But it remains an excellent product that I recommend.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing your detailed review of Bitdefender Internet Security 2024! It's great to see a thorough evaluation of its features and performance in various scenarios. Here are some key points based on your review:

1. **User Interface**: It's commendable that Bitdefender's interface is consistent and easy to use. This is important for users to navigate the software effectively and manage their security settings efficiently.

2. **Resource Consumption**: It's good to know that Bitdefender has optimized its RAM consumption to a normal level. This is crucial for users to run the antivirus software without impacting the overall performance of their systems.

3. **Web Protection**: Bitdefender's web protection scoring 10/10 is impressive. The fact that it blocks malicious content at the source, rather than just the page, shows a proactive approach to safeguarding users from various online threats.

4. **Malware Detection**: Despite a slight regression in 0-day malware detection during the scan, Bitdefender's behavioral protection seems to have effectively blocked the malware executions. This is a crucial aspect of antivirus software to prevent new and emerging threats.

5. **Final Verdict**: Your final opinion on Bitdefender Internet Security 2024 as a strong antivirus solution with powerful web and behavioral protection is well-supported by your detailed testing. While there is room for improvement in 0-day scan detection, the overall performance and security features make it a recommended product for users seeking robust protection.

Thank you for sharing your insights, and your review will undoubtedly help users make informed decisions about choosing the right antivirus solution for their security needs.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
because it disinfects upon restart, not like Kaspersky.

What do You think K. Advanced Disinfection does when it asks to reboot the system? But I'm still waiting a video test where the tester allows AD does its working, reboot the system and let the full disinfection ends, most of them just ignore this and directly go to run SOS...

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
What do You think K. Advanced Disinfection does when it asks to reboot the system? But I'm still waiting a video test where the tester allows AD does its working, reboot the system and let the full disinfection ends, most of them just ignore this and directly go to run SOS...

It can be done with a video which is planned :p

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
I mean that Kaspersky disinfects the computer in real time, which is why the programs are deactivated when the advanced disinfection activates and that bothers me. The other av's don't do that.
As it also bothers me that there is no delete option in the antivirus, it only disinfects and if it fails, deletes.
Greeting.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
AD can be disabled:

1708689329943.png

Also, K. always tries 1st to disinfect, because there are probably some types of files that can be disinfected without the need to directly remove the full file.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.