Bitdefender Antivirus Free Final released for Windows

D

Deleted member 2913

Ok, I checked Bd Central And it seems I had previously tried Bd Total Security on this system with the email I had entered in Bd free.
My subscription tab shows Bd Total Security 5 Days remaining. There's no way to remove it. And I dont see active/inactive slider on it.
Free version is shown active.

If 367 MB download I got was for Bd TS, why/how free version tried to auto-upgrade to Bd TS And why the installer uninstalled free version & started downloading free version again???

Damn, hell of a buggy software.

Rollback Rx Pro saved the day.

adnage19

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I had installed the free version & install was successful. I browsed/used the system for an hour or so. I had done 2 system restarts previously. When after an hour of using system I just did a system restart again & got the download window And I disconnected the net.

I did system restart again & again got the 367 MB download window, this time I let the download continue. After completing the download, it mentioned unpacking files & then mentioned other Bd product installed & need to uninstall, I clicked Yes to uninstall And after uninstalling Bd free, it started to download Bd free again???

Reverted back to clean snapshot.
Really, really odd. I have to say that I have been installing free version more than 3 times and I never had any problem.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I tried this program for all of about 10 minutes last night, uninstalled it and reinstalled avast.

My PC slowed down to a crawl, web browsing slowed down a significant amount. Startups were quite slow and after uninstalling it with IOBit then doing a power scan it had left 241 files! and that was after a restart.

Great signatures though, wish i could recommend it :(

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Installed today on my main Laptop and it works like a charm, web protection doesn't mitm your SSL traffic (that's good if you want more privacy), any slowdowns on my system (AVG: 268MB of RAM usage, and low CPU impact while idle), same engine of paid versions except the AntiRansom module (you can download MBAM's one) switched before my Avast Premier trial ends.
Regards ;)
PD: I want to see how it performs on malware tests :rolleyes:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I tried this program for all of about 10 minutes last night, uninstalled it and reinstalled avast.

My PC slowed down to a crawl, web browsing slowed down a significant amount. Startups were quite slow and after uninstalling it with IOBit then doing a power scan it had left 241 files! and that was after a restart.

Great signatures though, wish i could recommend it :(
You can't test an AV in 10 minutes, how ridiculous !
Haven't you seen that BD free is machine learning ? that means it needs a day or 2 , the program will adjust itself and search for the best possible way to be as light as can be on your machine.
Also possible leftovers from other security programs can cause problems....

I have tested BD free for a month and it feels realy light and very responsive to every action, maybe i'll install this Final version instead of avast.

Last edited:

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
You can't test an AV in 10 minutes, how ridiculous !
Haven't you seen that BD free is machine learning ? that means it needs a day or 2 , the program will adjust itself and search for the best possible way to be as light as can be on your machine.
Also possible leftovers from other security programs can cause problems....

I have tested BD free for a month and it feels realy light and very responsive to every action, maybe i'll install this Final version instead of avast.

That may be so, but who wants to wait a day or two for speeds to return to normal? I'm not that patient of a person.

And besides there were other "Issues" i wasn't quite a fan of. How silent it was for one, I didn't even get a popup when it removed EICAR.
I can see how that's preferable for some users but for me I'm more of a chatty software user. Not HIPS chatty...but I do like to be notified when something happens.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.