Bitdefender Antivirus Free Final released for Windows

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
One thing I don't like in BD and Kaspersky also is that they really don't seem to care about minor threats like pups, pua's and hijacks.If you use them for a year and try Zemana or HPA you still counting :)
That could be where the on demand scanners come in to fill the void of something like this. No product is 100% perfection yet, however I could be wrong. :p

~LDogg

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I've been using it with Win 8. With the recent OS update, it has been slowing down my system and the action center doesn't see it running. This continues to take place even after I do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Reactions: SumTingWong

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Yet another update for BD free

BDfreenewupdate.png

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Any improvements in computer start-up ??? it was rather a slow boot time with BD free (57 sec) on my machine, now with AVG free i have (a 25 -30 sec) boot time.
Also the last time i used it (about 4 weeks ago), i had a disconnect from internet (provider) and BD stopped updating (error-2019) for several hours , so BD didn't update its signatures anymore.... so then i uninstalled it.
But i always loved the program.....

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Day 5 Bitdefender Free bug test. Yesterday, I received an error message regarding update and afterward the laptop lost wifi connection. I was unable to troubleshoot the wifi o_O but after a couple of reboots everything back to normal. Today it updated very quietly with no issues. :cool: The test continues... :X3:

Last edited:

Day 8, BD test drive - several quiet updates without issues once again. Ohhh, I'm so bored … … nothing to do! But I feel really protected. LOL! :LOL:

Your test is like watching paint dry.

It is at this point that many people switch to a different soft because they want to see something... anything... happen.

Really odd behavior in that problem-free boring would drive people to uninstall it because that is exactly what they should be happy with... problem free and boring.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Day 10, BD Free test drive: still updating and running smooth and fast! It's boring, as boring as this BD forum. I won't post again until day 31 or I run into an issue of some kind. Anyone else using this software?, or is everyone using Kaspersky? LOL :giggle:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Day 10, BD Free test drive: still updating and running smooth and fast! It's boring, as boring as this BD forum. I won't post again until day 31 or I run into an issue of some kind. Anyone else using this software?, or is everyone using Kaspersky? LOL :giggle:

I used it in the past, but now I drop it because support is suck, and good luck getting bugs sort out on the forums.

Last edited:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I also use BD free, browsing is fast and smooth and i prefer it over kaspersky, because last time (2 weeks ago) KFA didn't load to good on my machine, sometimes the icon didn't show up in the right corner. (19.0.0.1088 c)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.