Bitdefender Antivirus Free Final released for Windows

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017

I think it is 1.0.15.xx, instead of 1.0.5.xx, might be just typo by Bitdefender.

I just boot up my computer, so I have to wait till 1 hour is up and BD free check client version updates.

Edit: Very likely just installer update, nothing to do with actual client update.

Last edited:

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
New version out!

BDfreenewversion.png

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Might be a miss/glitsch from Softpedia - Majorgeeks ? don't shoot the messenger ;)
Atleast this time revision sounds logical, unlike one case in December :D but like that time it took about week till next update came out.

Maybe few more days waiting for update, who knows... Anyway it's been basically a month from last update (17 December 2018)

1.0.15.77 sounds pretty big update, when compare to 1.0.14.76

Last edited:

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Hmm, I wonder what is wrong? Yesterday were last time that update were completed, since today seen many of these errors, last time I had these like in summer 2018 when I started use BD free for first time, not long after that devs on their Bitdefender forums told that hotfix is coming (of course I don't remember anymore, which error number were on those problems)

updatedfailed.png

Here you can see when last update were done, and antimalware engine version.

lastupdatetime.png

Last edited:

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Some fix again

smallfixagain.png

Edit: Also noticed this new service, added after this latest update:

bdactivethreatcontrol.png

Edit2: This service seem to be on paid versions of BD?

Bitdefender Active Threat Control is a pro-active and dynamic detection technology, based on monitoring processes and system events, and tagging suspicious activities. It has been designed to act against never-before-seen threats based on their behavior.

So this mean BD Free just got upgrade to it's detection, with this small update?

Last edited:

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Some fix again

Edit: Also noticed this new service, added after this latest update:

View attachment 207973

Edit2: This service seem to be on paid versions of BD?

So this mean BD Free just got upgrade to it's detection, with this small update?
I have never used BD Free, but what I know is that it used "Active Virus Control" (which, for example, is not on ad-aware free).
Not sure if "Active Threat Control" is a more advanced version of "Active Virus Control"

EDIT: yes, I think it is https://download.bitdefender.com/re...s-2015-SolutionPaper-ATC-812397-en-EN-web.pdf

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Some fix again

On BD forum many users complaining about website's on FF, Chrome ,Edge, opera are not loading due certifcat problem..... maybe this is fixed.

I have used BD free for several months and it was using active virus control (that was the old one) this has been replaced with active threat control, the newer part already in paid versions.
So a little better detection

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
On BD forum many users complaining about website's on FF, Chrome ,Edge, opera are not loading due certifcat problem..... maybe this is fixed.

I have used BD free for several months and it was using active virus control (that was the old one) this has been replaced with active threat control, the newer part already in paid versions.
So a little better detection

Yes, this was only one of two issues I had with it over a 1 month trial. I wanted to like it, but … the problems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.