TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Gppd. evening, today i downloaded Bitdefender TS on a Windows 7 x86 virtual matchine to test it. I downloaded malware packs from the malware hub. I noticed that some files were deleted by Bitdefender but it didn't show any alert. Insted, when I was visiting dangerous pages, it blocked them. Did you have this problem too? How can I fix it?

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
Hi,

If you open the BD interface, is there a switch that looks like kind of an airplane? If so, this is "auto-pilot" - basically a silent mode of sorts where BD makes all decisions without user interaction. If this is switched to ON, try turning it OFF then doing your tests again & let us know if that fixed it :)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Autopilot was on, but in the past I watched some reviews, they were using autopilot mode and BD displayed alerts when malware was detected

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as an information, Bitdefender some instances display alerts of blocked threats however in such default settings where Auto Pilot is on then some reviewers misinterpreted where it failed although the logs shows of automatic response already.

Its not a bug nor issue but rather factory setting implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.