Battle Bitdefender Free 2019 or McAfee Internet Security 2019?

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Mc afee relies on signatures ..that's it ! It is not recommended suite in my opinion
BD Free is much better, reliable , stronger than Mc Afee.
Real protect doesn't work, if a signature is not available then system is hijacked .
Mc Afee is a poisonous malware in my opinion..installing it = Infecting the system for Free.
Rest left to You

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I would go with McAfee IS. Compared to Bitdefender Free, it is a complete product and more effective. The real comparison would be Mcafee IS vs Bitdefender IS.

You don't choose a product simply because ''McAfee IS is this and Bitdefender Free is that....so lets choose Bitdefender Free''
Compare the features, components and support given to you. And you take into consideration that ''FREE'' is not actually free. And Bitdefender doesn't offer you Prenium services for nothing.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Bit Defender Free is a joke.. That thing throttled my internet down by 90%.

McAfee actually works sort of well, but the 9,200 processes it loads make me angry and it's links to US Intel make me run.
Come on @ForgottenSeer 58943 :sneaky: What US security firm doesn't have links to the government? What Russian security firm doesn't have links to their government? What Chinese security product doesn't have links to the government?

Even if they are not directly implicated with intel agencies, companies such as Kaspersky, DrWeb, Mcafee, Norton and the likes are often use by the military to protect their infrastructures. So in some ways they deal with and have access to sensible information.

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Who said that BitDefender is better than McAfee
Go to the test sites (AV-TEST and AV-Comparatives )and see for yourself the results
You will see that all programs are equal in protection .

McAfee Internet Security better than Bitdefender Free
because it paid .

I dont believe in Antivirus Free such as Kaspersky Free , Bitdefender Free , Microsoft.
If you want to buy Internet Security go to
Norton Internet Security or Bitdefender Internet Security,Kaspersky Internet Security,McAfee Internet Security.
These programs are supported in Updates and features.
32423423.png

Last edited:

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
Don't know about BD free but ... it is free.

McAfee was on my second pc (trial) when I bought it, I don't know how much they pay to be pre-installed on many new pcs.
BTW it seems quite good, at least according to various labs test, but the first thing I did was uninstall it through its specific tool.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I dont believe in Antivirus Free such as Kaspersky Free , Bitdefender Free , Microsoft

The price on the price tag doesn't protect you. The actual price is how much you can do without. Example: Any Linux distribution.

For example, if you use Ubuntu, you have to do without some things, such as certain software (Microsoft Office or games). This abandonment and the use of a Linux distribution, however, leads to the fact that you suddenly no longer have to worry as much about security (actually not at all!) as with Windows.

Second example: Hard_Configurator. You accept that sometimes your software doesn't run the first time you try it. This happens very rarely, but is there. You pay with your time and have to whitelist this program first.

Does Hard_Configurator cost anything? - No!
Does Hard_Configurator protect you? Depending on which settings you choose, it protects you very well!
But you do without a bit of comfort - the price for this software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.