I'd like to hear the answer to that. I'm still stucked at the older version (22.214.171.1249).MrXidus said:Have they added an option that will let you exclude folders, files or certain external storage drives?
I remember when I tried it that missing feature was a big weak point to me.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
Platform: x86, x64
- http - continue anyway message in a blocked webpage;
- improvements made to Quarantine module: restore/exclude quarantined items;
- fixed some issues with Windows 8 logon;
- fixed incompatibility with a 3rd party firewall;
- new drivers: gzflt, avc3, bdfwfpf;
- boot scanning is performed on a full partition on demand and quick sweep;
- added texts for Laptop Mode;
- cleaning system task;
- Threat Control replaced the following tabs: Pending Cleanup and Quarantined Files;
- update performed each hour;
- scan improvements on Windows 8;
So you can't exclude an item unless it has already been quarantined? Making you restore it?jamescv7 said:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=338408&page=76MrXidus said:So you can't exclude an item unless it has already been quarantined? Making you restore it?jamescv7 said:
Would be great if someone that has the latest version of BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition can verify the exclusion options.
After you restore a file from quarantine, it will not be scaned again. Sort of whitelists or excludes it.Littlebits said:It looks like they have fixed most of the problems with it.
The quarantine features seems to work but can you exclude files to keep them from automatically getting quarantine again?
The http proxy blocker allows you to continue in case of false positives now, that was a problem I experienced that effected several safe websites, back when I tried it. Maybe it is more useable now.
Possibly could be a good product if they continue to work on it.
They have did a good job so far but it took awhile.