Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
It will notify you of newly discovered devices and request a scan.
upload_2017-5-30_19-24-30.png

@ZeroDay No harm in comparing results, as I am doing at the moment. But in general, if your security has IoT scanner, then there's no need for additional tools.

Huchim

Level 4
Verified
This tool is already included in bitdefender products? I mean, it tell you when a new device is connected? It's like the new component in ESET 10 I suppose...

Reactions: Weebarra

Windows_Security

Level 22
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Bitdefender free was not available in a few countries in the past (when I recall correctly Netherlands and France, I suppose our flags have the same colours as Russia and they don't like Kaspersky :) ). So downloaded this tool, created an Kaspersky account and . . . it installed the Home Scanner PLUS the free English language Bitdefender ???

When removing the Home Scanner the Antivirus Free version remained working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

kamla5abi

Level 4
They really need to create an on-demand alternative to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool IMO.
That would be great.
Bitdefender free was not available in a few countries in the past (when I recall correctly Netherlands and France, I suppose our flags have the same colours as Russia and they don't like Kaspersky :) ). So downloaded this tool, created an Kaspersky account and . . . it installed the Home Scanner PLUS the free English language Bitdefender ???

When removing the Home Scanner the Antivirus Free version remained working.
why are you guys all talking about Kaspersky related references here?
@Windows_Security you mention creating an Kaspersky account, but you downloaded/installed this Bitdefender tool? Do you mean you had to make a Bitdefender account instead? o_O
i don't get it lol
whats the bitdefender & kaspersky connection here? :confused::p

liubomirwm

Level 5
Bitdefender have just a real time free AV and not an on-demand scanner for once someone tells you it's too late for protection and asks you: "heck, my PC is dying because it has a virus what should I do:eek::eek:". Kaspersky has KVRT:p. Not sure what @Windows_Security has installed and why. His nickname seems to be enough. :D:D

Windows_Security

Level 22
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
why are you guys all talking about Kaspersky related references here?
@Windows_Security you mention creating an Kaspersky account, but you downloaded/installed this Bitdefender tool? Do you mean you had to make a Bitdefender account instead? o_O
i don't get it lol
whats the Bitdefender & Kaspersky connection here? :confused::p
Sorry for the confusion. I did a small job for Kaspersky NL and had just send my invoice. In Dutch we say the mouth talks where the hart is filled with.

I had created a Bitdefender account.

Reactions: kamla5abi