Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Learn more: Bitdefender Home Scanner

Get Free Tool for Windows: Bitdefender Home Scanner

Bitdefender Home Scanner is a free tool that scans your Wi-Fi network, maps devices and identifies and highlights network security flaws. Bitdefender Home Scanner looks for weak passwords, as well as vulnerable or poorly encrypted communications.

upload_2017-5-30_18-13-45.png upload_2017-5-30_18-13-57.png upload_2017-5-30_18-14-17.png upload_2017-5-30_18-15-1.png upload_2017-5-30_18-15-35.png upload_2017-5-30_18-22-24.png upload_2017-5-30_18-23-33.png

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It will notify you of newly discovered devices and request a scan.
upload_2017-5-30_19-24-30.png

@ZeroDay No harm in comparing results, as I am doing at the moment. But in general, if your security has IoT scanner, then there's no need for additional tools.

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
This tool is already included in bitdefender products? I mean, it tell you when a new device is connected? It's like the new component in ESET 10 I suppose...

Reactions: Weebarra

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Bitdefender free was not available in a few countries in the past (when I recall correctly Netherlands and France, I suppose our flags have the same colours as Russia and they don't like Kaspersky :) ). So downloaded this tool, created an Kaspersky account and . . . it installed the Home Scanner PLUS the free English language Bitdefender ???

When removing the Home Scanner the Antivirus Free version remained working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
They really need to create an on-demand alternative to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool IMO.

That would be great.

Bitdefender free was not available in a few countries in the past (when I recall correctly Netherlands and France, I suppose our flags have the same colours as Russia and they don't like Kaspersky :) ). So downloaded this tool, created an Kaspersky account and . . . it installed the Home Scanner PLUS the free English language Bitdefender ???

When removing the Home Scanner the Antivirus Free version remained working.
why are you guys all talking about Kaspersky related references here?
@Windows_Security you mention creating an Kaspersky account, but you downloaded/installed this Bitdefender tool? Do you mean you had to make a Bitdefender account instead? o_O
i don't get it lol
whats the bitdefender & kaspersky connection here? :confused::p

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Bitdefender have just a real time free AV and not an on-demand scanner for once someone tells you it's too late for protection and asks you: "heck, my PC is dying because it has a virus what should I do:eek::eek:". Kaspersky has KVRT:p. Not sure what @Windows_Security has installed and why. His nickname seems to be enough. :D:D

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
why are you guys all talking about Kaspersky related references here?
@Windows_Security you mention creating an Kaspersky account, but you downloaded/installed this Bitdefender tool? Do you mean you had to make a Bitdefender account instead? o_O
i don't get it lol
whats the Bitdefender & Kaspersky connection here? :confused::p

Sorry for the confusion. I did a small job for Kaspersky NL and had just send my invoice. In Dutch we say the mouth talks where the hart is filled with.

I had created a Bitdefender account.

Reactions: kamla5abi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.