Expired Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 - 9 Months Free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

shintaro

Verified
Jan 26, 2014
i cant
when i click on button " Get IT Now " the page says " please try again later "
please help :(

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I've actually have never seen Vipre do any promotions like this or any promotions at all.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
opinions about BD resource usage & effectiveness? Is it worth to try it or it will ruin speed of my computer?

mmmory

Level 2
Verified
Nov 4, 2013
opinions about BD resource usage & effectiveness? Is it worth to try it or it will ruin speed of my computer?

-Slower web page loading
-Slow scan speeds
-Auto-pilot keeps switching between on and off
-Firewall does not compatible with most VPNs and it's pretty much non existent
-Instrusion detection set to "off" with the default setting
-Huge disk usage during updates
-Installation and uninstallion process is terribly long and resource hungry

Those are the issues I faced when I was testing bitdefender.

Reactions: Nikos751

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
-Slower web page loading
-Slow scan speeds
-Auto-pilot keeps switching between on and off
-Firewall does not compatible with most VPNs and it's pretty much non existent
-Instrusion detection set to "off" with the default setting
-Huge disk usage during updates
-Installation and uninstallion process is terribly long and resource hungry

Those are the issues I faced when I was testing bitdefender.
When did you test it?

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
For all complaining about Bitdefender .....
I've been running Bitdefender for years without incident.
1.) Does it slow your surfing down? .... a tad, but that is the price you pay for proper protection.
2.) Is it heavy on system resources? No .... I've been running it on my system which has 6 gigs of ram and I have yet to notice a change in speed with Bitdefender, those complaining about heavy system resource usage, maybe you should check your ram and consider adding more to your system, it could be you are running an older machine with less ram, newer machines today come with considerably more ram to combat things such a system resource usage.
3.) Bitdefender is by no means an install and forget about it type security suite, yes some features may be turned off by default on install but it is up to the end user to set those settings such as intrusion detection mentioned above to settings that suit their needs.

If you want a set and forget security suite, download and install Microsoft Security Essentials but your protection will not be what it is while using a top notch security suite such as Bitdefender. A tiny loss in surfing speed is an acceptable loss in my mind to trade off for the knowledge that you are truly protected.

mmmory

Level 2
Verified
Nov 4, 2013
There are tons of products that provide equal or better protection than bitdefender and don't slow the web browsing a single bit. Such as kaspersky, emsisoft, eset... Even kaspersky has become more responsive and fast with the latest updates than bitdefender. 1-2 seconds delay in web browsing is huge with a high-end pc. And unlike you, I don't have to tolerate such downside because there are lots of better alternatives out there.

And as for the heaviness, ram usage doesn't mean anything. And I also didn't mention any heavy ram usage in my post. Because in terms of ram usage, boot times, launching programs bitdefender is really good. But the slow web browsing and product bugs are unbearable.

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
There are tons of products that provide equal or better protection than bitdefender and don't slow the web browsing a single bit. Such as kaspersky, emsisoft, eset... Even kaspersky has become more responsive and fast with the latest updates than bitdefender. 1-2 seconds delay in web browsing is huge with a high-end pc. And unlike you, I don't have to tolerate such downside because there are lots of better alternatives out there.

And as for the heaviness, ram usage doesn't mean anything. And I also didn't mention any heavy ram usage in my post. Because in terms of ram usage, boot times, launching programs bitdefender is really good. But the slow web browsing and product bugs are unbearable.
Completely Agree.

And their Support is... terrible.

siren05

Level 2
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Tried this one today, even though it uses lower ram than kaspersky (around 100 MB) and eset (90MB) which i've used personally, this one slows down the system and its right there before kaspersky.

In the end, i have a decent system with 6 gb ram, core i5, now using eset smart security and the system feels like it has no av at all.

Reactions: House_maniac

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Tried this one today, even though it uses lower ram than kaspersky (around 100 MB) and eset (90MB) which i've used personally, this one slows down the system and its right there before kaspersky.

In the end, i have a decent system with 6 gb ram, core i5, now using eset smart security and the system feels like it has no av at all.
This is off-topic, is ESET now compatible with Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1? Last time I tried they're not compatible.

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
Almost all problems mentioned about Bitdefender, I faced with Kaspersky! Never will use this product again ... I'll give a try Bitdefender, although like much of Emsisoft Internet Security Pack.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.