- Probably Hight ram usage

ESET :

+ Low ram usage
+ Great detection

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
I use combo (eset SS7 + Webroot) and I like it... Great detection and the advanced setup of Eset gives many options.

Bitdefender does not allow users to modify all parameters. This is a 'popular' suite. So We have two different concepts...

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
Easy choice for me: ESET

As I said somewhere Bitdefender must solve some chronic issues from the last couple of versions (PC slowdowns, ghost traffic , slow internet speed).

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ESET for me :D
As Nedim said Bitdefender has some issues that pervade through last couple of versions and yes ESET can sometimes use >70mb of ram but it's superlight and superfast at detecting and removing threats. Really a superb piece of software

Malware Security

Level 11
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
I reviewed both of them if you want to look at them, its under written reviews. Personally, i would recommend eset because before i became a linux user, eset saved my ass on a lot of downloads and it never slowed my pc down. Bitdefender is also fantastic, but it sometimes slows down the pc even though the ram is really low.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ESET products offer much better support to their paid customers and their products are more stable with less bugs and less false positives.

If you run into problems with BitDefender, good luck getting customer support, you will need a lot of luck.

For any paid product, customer support should be top priority.
Some totally free security products offer much better support than BitDefender which is really sad.

Thanks. :D

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
A lot of users swear by BIS being a good experience for them, but many others have had big trouble with it interfering with their online routine. It behaves as grayware for some. It has messed with one of my wireless internet drivers before. It was a pain to troubleshoot, and novices would have been calling out a tech to fix their stuff after the fact. There is nothing like paying a premium price for allegedly premium software, and then have to pay twice that so a tech can undo the damage it did to the average novice's system.
That said, if one over-tweaks something and bad things happen, that is on the user, not the vendor.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I actually find Bitdefender Windows 8 Security to work just fine. Unlike the Internet Security version which had slow scanning, messed up my wireless drivers and slowed down my laptop. With the Windows 8 version I had none of those issues. Right now it's sitting at 18MB of RAM with 3 processes.

But since this is about the internet security version then I'd defiantly go with Eset because Bitdefender Internet Security was a horrible experience for me and when I used Eset for a bit it worked just fine and gave me no issues.

But right now I am really happy with Bitdefender Windows 8 Security.

I'm sorry if this was off topic, but it was technically still about Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.