- Jun 14, 2015
No it isn't. If a pilot doesn't pull up when the plane tells him "pull up pull up pull up" is isn't Lockheed Martin's fault.a failure is a failure wherever it comes from
- Virtualizing isn't the silver-bullet you think it is; it is bypassable and not 100% (the same reason you're faulting AV)we can prevent and virtualize a whole system or browser (Shadow Defender and Sandboxie), why AVs companies do not focus on that way ?
- Virtualizing breaks more than it prevents and it isn't always clear what's going on; do you think John Q. Public knows what the heck 'Virtualization' is? (How many would say "Oh, those goggles, yes."?)
- AVs do use virtualization now; browsers use virtualization, java uses virtualization--stop dinging AVs from 10 years ago--Comodo, Sandboxie, Shadow Defender don't have a monopoly on virtualization
You're thinking like a security person, not a software developer who sells software to users. You can't sell a tank to a person who just wants a car for his daily commute. 95% solution = optimum, for the remaining 5% requires too many tradeoffs that make a computer unusable to most and all that will do is drive the user to uninstall it and run with no security (which is why we have Windows Defender).