Battle Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
I want to buy KIS 16 key but I still have BitDefender. Whats you experience with those two Anitivirus?
1 more question, if someone knows, can I activate KIS 16 with KIS 15 unactivated key?
Thanks everyone, this is very important to me

Reactions: done

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
I'm a KIS 2016 user and I find it much lighter on system resources compared to the 2015 version. Yes, a KIS 15 key can activate up to KIS 18. I've stocked up on KIS 2015 keys. I brought like for 3 for £27.

With regards to how it compares to Bitdefender? Sorry I cannot comment as I've never used Bitdefender.

Reactions: Lukajlo and done

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Kis 2016 is much lighter than the previous versions.It provides superb protection with some nice features.Bit defender is also good but I do not have much experience using it so I would recommend KIS 2016.
as already stated yes you can activate it with a 2015 key or upgrade from 2015 to 2016 with the installed license

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
At the moment if your a Windows 10 user 100% not Kaspersky. Bitdefender my friend has been using on Windows 10 and prior to this 8.1 and he has had no problems. But, I'd choose Kaspersky, and when the patch is released to fix the protection issues on Win 10 I will reinstall it.

Reactions: done and Butterfly

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
At the moment if your a Windows 10 user 100% not Kaspersky. Bitdefender my friend has been using on Windows 10 and prior to this 8.1 and he has had no problems. But, I'd choose Kaspersky, and when the patch is released to fix the protection issues on Win 10 I will reinstall it.

I'm a KIS 2016 W10 user and I find it alright for now. There's not long to go for the patch as KIS 2016 is coming to Europe Sept 3rd. So maybe the patch will be released then.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Maybe that's why Kaspersky products are "lighter" on the system because of the lack of functionality. I hope that this is not the case when all modules work properly after the patch. If there's no problem with KIS 2016 after the patch, I might as well go back to installing it. :D

Reactions: done and omidomi

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
The patch is released on 1st September - it just annoys me how on earth Kaspersky was given the okay for Windows 10, when it doesn't hardly protect the system. When I'm told by tech support it's a 50-50 choice, just don't do online banking, visit dodgy websites or install new software. Yet, Bitdefender, Norton, ESET etc., work 100%.

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
The patch is released on 1st September - it just annoys me how on earth Kaspersky was given the okay for Windows 10, when it doesn't hardly protect the system. When I'm told by tech support it's a 50-50 choice, just don't do online banking, visit dodgy websites or install new software. Yet, Bitdefender, Norton, ESET etc., work 100%.
I phoned Kaspersky's tech-support and they told me to stay with KIS 2015. I didn't listen to them. :D But seriously, I've encountered no issues yet. It blocks phising sites, It stops malware when I try to execute it and the Safe Money feature seems okay too.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes already on sophisticated components and other features then go to Kaspersky IS; however if you want more on detection/prevention capabilities without allocating a lot of tweaks then go for Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.