App Review BitDefender Internet Security prevention and detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Looking at protection, Bitdefender did a great job. Also nice to see the Ransomware protection in action. But it seems that it is still quite high on resource usage and also there seems to be a delay with viewing/detecting the malicious webpages. I hope they will fix this some day.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for the video :)

Bitdefender is "Not Only Signatures," but it also uses a good implementation of behavioral technologies.
No antivirus is perfect because it is only one layer of the security configuration, but BD does its job very well.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Bitdefender did good...good signs & AVC is good.
Emsisoft should add Bitdefender AVC too...no user dependent popups;)
Well, thanks to Emsisoft's cloud, its behavior blocker is getting more automatic.

Bitdefender is pretty good when it comes to protection rate. However, I wouldn't buy it. I'm really happy with Bitdefender Free which is packed with the same engine as paid version.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Looking at protection, Bitdefender did a great job. Also nice to see the Ransomware protection in action. But it seems that it is still quite high on resource usage and also there seems to be a delay with viewing/detecting the malicious webpages. I hope they will fix this some day.

I saw that network activity download the exe file first and then when its done or almost done.. if its malicious, then bitdefender block it
thats a good thing isnt it?

Well, thanks to Emsisoft's cloud, its behavior blocker is getting more automatic.

Bitdefender is pretty good when it comes to protection rate. However, I wouldn't buy it. I'm really happy with Bitdefender Free which is packed with the same engine as paid version.

I dont think its same as paid version, theres a delay between paid and free version...

Thanks a lot for the review ! Bitdefender did a great job security wise, but they should make it less buggy and improve the UI. Also could you please review Webroot ? It's one of my favorite AV and there are not much reviews of it.

Sure, will do it. it was on the list :)

thanks everyone!
have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.