Battle Bitdefender Internet Security vs ESET Smart Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrMi

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Who do you think will win in terms of protection, impact on system, zero day threats and detection.... And other features. Who is the overall winner and why?

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Offcourse ESET, For me i have not at all a single reason i would be going for Bitdefender.
ESET is better in every term expect Detection rate.

PrMi

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Hmm though I would go for Bitdefender because of it's signatures. The zero-day is also better with AVC and IDS. ESET Zero Day protection is non-existent for me. I haven't seen any false positive in BD till now whereas in ESET, I have. But, BD is much heavier.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its already a classic way to win on all overall matters. ;)

ESET = User's choice

Bitdefender = Independent Organization Test' choice.

Reactions: abdou17

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
ESET Smart Security 8, never faced any issues, had tried v9 as well in it's starting beta days & it was consuming more battery.

M

Makarboy

ESET has lower detection (and lower protection) than Bitdefender. The results in av test june give me the reason. So the best choice (if you want to be protected) is Bitdefender

But if you do not care about protection and you are more interested in the system impact and resources, I would choose ESET, BUT, for system impact there others better than ESET.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Eset is more light and I don't think Bitdefenders signatures are as good as they used to be
Eset Smart Security My Vote :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.