Battle Bitdefender IS vs Emsisoft IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfall

Thread author
Aug 28, 2013
or any other good IS.

I need one for online transactions, and browsing the internet without worrying about getting infected.

If you could tell me which on demand scanners to use, that would be great as well

D

Deleted member 178

my top choice:

1- Comodo IS , all in one suite , no other suit is more complete
2- Emsisoft IS, very strong, but a bit heavy on boot-time for low/medium end machine

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Umbra Polaris said:
my top choice:

2- Emsisoft IS, very strong, but a bit heavy on boot-time for low/medium end machine

your view on CIS is incorrect.!
does it have malicious website blocking.?
does it have safepay module.?

I think there are other COMPLETE suites out there.
Comodo is an excellent product but it does not cover all the bases.

Thanks.

waterfall

Thread author
Aug 28, 2013
Amiga500 said:
Umbra Polaris said:
my top choice:

Thanks.

which IS suite do you think would be good for me?

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
waterfall said:
Amiga500 said:
Umbra Polaris said:
my top choice:

Thanks.

which IS suite do you think would be good for me?

well personally speaking i would use kaspersky everytime.

kelton

Verified
Dec 28, 2012
For online banking, Comodo has Kiosk. But I don't think its very handy, since you have to open this heavy interface every time you think you need a more secure environment.

One thing I don't like in CIS (and the firewall-only version) is that I never could uninstall it completly from my machine (and I tried almost every version they launched on the last years). I don't know if it's a problem with me or my system, but their uninstaller almost always left applications, registry keys and maybe some drivers (I don't know for sure). They don't have a tool to solve this kind of problem (other companies do) and if you ask for help via regular support, they want to charge you to solve a problem caused by their product - not by malware or other stuff (at least, it happened to me when I asked for help).

That's why I don't use Comodo products anymore, although I like it's features and behavior while installed. I used to have installed the combo Comodo FW + EAM.

Same thing happened one time (it's not common in my experience) with EAM. I asked for help, they gave me a link to download a cleaner specifically designed to clean this product installation. Easily as it should be, my problem was solved.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
kelton said:
For online banking, Comodo has Kiosk. But I don't think its very handy, since you have to open this heavy interface every time you think you need a more secure environment.

One thing I don't like in CIS (and the firewall-only version) is that I never could uninstall it completly from my machine (and I tried almost every version they launched on the last years). I don't know if it's a problem with me or my system, but their uninstaller almost always left applications, registry keys and maybe some drivers (I don't know for sure). They don't have a tool to solve this kind of problem (other companies do) and if you ask for help via regular support, they want to charge you to solve a problem caused by their product - not by malware or other stuff (at least, it happened to me when I asked for help).

That's why I don't use Comodo products anymore, although I like it's features and behavior while installed. I used to have installed the combo Comodo FW + EAM.

Same thing happened one time (it's not common in my experience) with EAM. I asked for help, they gave me a link to download a cleaner specifically designed to clean this product installation. Easily as it should be, my problem was solved.

Comodo Removal tool by the Geekbuddy people from comodo fourm:

bg356x.png

Link

waterfall

Thread author
Aug 28, 2013
Kaspersky is kinda expensive, bitdefender is getting sold for around ~20$ here (not from the main website)
I still need a IS suite though :/

kelton

Verified
Dec 28, 2012
technology, I was aware of the existence of a tool like this available on the Comodo forums, but it had two problems: it was not official and was developed for older versions of CIS, and not for the latest versions. If this is a new and official version it is good to know of its existence. Thank you!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Voted Other as said here:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Good-security-setup-for-a-new-pc?pid=133573#pid133573
- If your PC is clean and free from malware, you only need to be caution from Phishing sites.

You don't need to pay for an Antivirus or an Internet Suite to be well protected, Free Antivirus provide equal-rates of protection. It's user stupidity (... or lack of understanding) that gets you infected.

So do you really need an Internet Suite? Why not a simple, yet effective Free Antivirus?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have used Comodo,Kaspersky,Eset and presently I am using Emsisoft Internet Security.I voted EIS.You can view a quick overview of its security features( OA has an online banking mode)here: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/internetsecurity/

ESET and KIS are also very good.All of these paid suites offer trials which would be the best way to see what works best for you on your machine for your personal online activities.

CIS is is a very good free alternative

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I vote for Emsisoft:
- very good BB
- good support
- very good detection
- solid suite
- light on system

Have a nice day!

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I voted EIS, out of that and BIS I believe EIS to be the superior product. I do however agree with Amiga500 in that CIS is nothing like the most complete suite, it's a fantastic choice don't get me wrong but nothing like the most complete, no webguard, no antiphishing to name a few. I do love CIS I think it's great and I've used it a lot. the best suite in my opinion? Again I agree with Amiga500, Kaspersky.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Overkill, it downloads batch file (.bat).
Code:
https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/CIS+Removal+Tool+2013.bat?key=515acba7-7208-4fc3-9b54-eb5d079de7d1

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.