Battle Bitdefender IS vs Emsisoft IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfall

Thread author
Aug 28, 2013
or any other good IS.

I need one for online transactions, and browsing the internet without worrying about getting infected.

If you could tell me which on demand scanners to use, that would be great as well

D

Deleted member 178

Amiga500 said:
your view on CIS is incorrect.!
does it have malicious website blocking.?
does it have safepay module.?

I think there are other COMPLETE suites out there.
Comodo is an excellent product but it does not cover all the bases.

Thanks.

let me remind you one thing, what is website blocking?
Website blocking is a placebo feature made to appeal basic users making them think that they are "more" secure. to be simple, a marketing trick.

what is the 2 open doors a malware use to infect a computer:

1- access your sytem via memory, the main vector when you browse internet , since all datas are cached in it. Now tell me which modern AV doesn't scan the memory... none.

2- access your system via your HDD , no need to explain there.

also web filters are mostly lists of malicious urls/domains (system used by EIS or MBAM) or code analyzers. if a skilled malware-writer open a 1-mn fake website coded with a brand new malware/exploit , your website filter/blocker is powerless.

so unless these facts changed since my absence, i dont think that any web filters are really needed.

now we take my incorrect view of CIS:

what CIS do to "fill " its lack of "web filter and co"; it uses full virtualization for (in kiosk for example) and sandboxed browser. Not saying that the BB, HIPS and other components cover them.

I personnaly use Emsisoft IS because im a beta tester for them and it has some features i need that CIS doesn't , also i prefer using Sandboxie & shadow defender (more complete and more options for me)

Thanks.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Earth said:
Overkill, it downloads batch file (.bat).
Code:
https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/CIS+Removal+Tool+2013.bat?key=515acba7-7208-4fc3-9b54-eb5d079de7d1

It works now, thanks

redwolfe_98

Jul 29, 2013
personally, i wouldn't use either one of the programs..

i was using the "avira" program, but i recently quit using it.. at the moment, i am not using any antivirus program, in realtime..

i would consider using the emsisoft program if they fixed its "IPS" feature to where it would flag keyloggers when they tried to gain low-level keyboard access..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.