Advice Request Bitdefender pop up

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursermk

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 17, 2018
I ended up somehow with Bitdefender trial being installed on my MacBook. I never used it and when I did my weekly scan Malwarebytes detected and removed it but every morning I have a pop up saying "Your System may be at risk! Please scan your system and protect your Mac from all the threats." It gives me two selections CLOSE or IMMEDIATELY SCAN and I have tried both with no response (thinking if I can bring up the program I can eradicate the pop up), have emailed BitDefender to no avail and looking into library or simply trying to spotlight anything which may be hidden brings up nothing. No extensions installed either but I wonder if someone has a trick to reveal and delete this annoying pop up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.