Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Alright, which do you like better?

PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE BITDEFENDER BECAUSE IT HAS TUNE UP AND NORTON DOES NOT UNLESS YOU GET 360, JUST SAY IN TERMS OF PROTECTION

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: BitDefender Total Security 2012 vs Norton Internet security

I would Norton Internet Security 2012 because it is lighter and has a better detection reate than Bitdefender. I would not buy the Norton 360 or Bitdefender Total Security because you can get the tuneup kind of stuff in other software and it is better. So if I had to pay for one of them I would choose Norton Internet Security 2012.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

I chose Norton Internet Security. because, I already use a version of 2012 almost 90 days.
without any problems, or without some FP as well. system is running normally, does not feel slow.
I really like features of Norton are: SONAR

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011

Norton. bitdefender has been having alot of troubles with Internet slowdown, stuttering on youtube list goes on and on there forum they seem to ignore the user alot. wich is allways good.........

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011

I've been using Norton Internet Security since 2009 and love it. It is light weight with a very good detection rate. SONAR is top notch and with settings set to aggressive you will be pretty safe. I can't really speak for Bit Defender and only have reviews to go by, so my vote is for Norton Internet Security.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Same as the other members. :)

Okay. Well overall Norton and Bitdefender is a good suite but it is all up to personal opinion.

D

Deleted member 178

NIS for its lightness on resources, efficiency on detection and removal and useful features.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer Norton...it is very light on resources and has very good detection rate......Bitdefender, it is not so bad....it has very high detection rate......but its takes ages to remove the threats....

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Ah, after the holidays I'll consider buying norton but for now, I'll use comodo IS.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Bitdefender have created a good suite but they are a few steps behind Symantec , NIS 2012 is one of the most advanced suite on the market.
The main reason why I would chose NIS 2012 is the Insight technology , which from my point of view is a model that should be followed by all the other vendors.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
i would choose norton internet security suite 2012,bit defender is very good but its a bit heavier and if they don't fix this i guess they will just loose more users.several users had problems with internet slow down,with the http scan, and anti phishing addon.they were telling customers complaining on their board to just put the option off,doesn't make any sense to me!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For me NIS found to be more user friendly that suitable for advance/novice user. Protection and Usability the reason why NIS is one of the top notch.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
NIS is so streamlined in its efficiency it's sometimes a boring product to discuss :)
Powerful ability, lightness and excellent usability...

BitDefender's idiosyncrasies on the other hand can be talked about at length. They tried to take a leaf out of Symantec's book and introduced 2012 product lines with improved usability. At least that was the intention, which sadly was initially let down by serious functionality issues and far-from-excellent performance. Kudos to them for managing to turn that page and improve the product considerably. It's very stable now, low on system resources, no major performance issues [some browsing speed slowdown aside]. What has always been known though, is their excellent AM engine.

Where they're still falling behind Symantec is their cloud infrastructure and intelligence [take the stand-alone TrafficLight, for example - it still relies heavily on local AM definitions] and, not so unimportantly, the quality of their support [not a reflection on the committed and hard-working team members].

An accomplished and quiet achiever, NIS gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.