Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

It's horrible, when I saw it, I was like "get me out!", still heavily relays on signatures, all UI is messed up and can't find #####. The white background might seem like a good idea at first for easier navigation around, but options are just thrown braindeadly around. This BETA 2019 is for 30 days, so this will most likely be it. Damn, I don't even want to power it on anymore, it still needs a lot work.. :cautious:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
From that single picture I must say I really prefer the 2018 interface... we can always hope it's a placeholder until the final version is released...

Reactions: Azure

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
They are at "light years" of competition. The Kaspersky interface, for example, is much, much better. Very fluid, clear, fast.
Let's hope they will learn something in the end.

Reactions: mlnevese

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
For those who have tested version 2019 already, can you tell how the interface works? How's the product compared to the 2018 version?

Last edited:

kolo90

Jun 23, 2018
Don't buy Bitdefender or Bugdefender if you prefer, it's really full of bugs. The Vpn actually is buggy, and who paid the subscription can use only 200 mb / day. They're working on it for days to solve the problem, and still no solution. Do not be fooled by the price, the Bitdefender interface is also slow, not to mention the questionable performances. Rely on Kaspersky if you want a valid product, it's the king of antivirus, no doubt. Do not give in to these antivirus light years away from KS.
I know that this page was created for information purposes, but I want to express my opinion on this product and inform you guys, choosing well.

Last edited:

kolo90

Jun 23, 2018
Well said. Do not be fooled by the various rankings, where Bitdefender often occupies the 1st position. These rankings are to be taken lightly and you do not have to give weight to the statistics. There is no way that Bitdefender is superior to products like Kaspersky, Nod32, Norton, just to name a few.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
That interface is It's horrible ,now kaspersky total security is my new antivirus

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
The Dashboard tab is ugly beyond belief. :eek: (n)(n)(n)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
First bug report: the GUI holy cricket change it now!

As for BitDefender products, guys don't be so harsh on them. A couple of bugs here or there cannot deny the fact that BitDefender is a solid company that offers great products. I personally haven't encountered serious bugs that compromise my security when testing it. Great engine and great BB.

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
150 beta testers :( There's no way I'm getting that. How do they expect to get all the bugs fixed if there are only 150 testers? And I'm sure a lot of the testers aren't going to try very hard.
150 'Intelligent' 'Degreed Graudate' testers will suffice just fine. Once the beta goes live (which is the rest of us guinea pigs)...

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
First bug report: the GUI holy cricket change it now!

As for BitDefender products, guys don't be so harsh on them. A couple of bugs here or there cannot deny the fact that BitDefender is a solid company that offers great products. I personally haven't encountered serious bugs that compromise my security when testing it. Great engine and great BB.
Unfortunately, today's internet audience is just that...quick to judge, even faster to smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.