Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Bitdefender has announced the availability of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for PC, the first public beta of its portable program to detect and remove unwanted software.

The Removal Tool arrives as a single 41.8MB executable file. There are no supporting files, and it doesn’t download anything else: just run it and go.

Program usage is just as straightforward. There’s no choosing a scan type, or location, no advanced settings to consider: agree to the user licence, click “Get Started”, and that’s it.

There isn’t much power or configurability here, and presumably that’s the point. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool is aiming to be a program that absolutely anyone can use to check and clean up their system, and it does that very well.

Source: http://labs.bitdefender.com/projects/adware-remover/adware-remover/
Product still in BETA.

Mod Edit: Added source.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool - Beta

page:http://labs.bitdefender.com/projects/adware-remover/adware-remover/

Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for PC is a free app that identifies and removes unwanted apps such as adware, malicious hijacker programs, annoying toolbars and other browser add-ons. Keep the apps you like, get rid of the programs that bug you.

This tool will only erase those apps that you wish to be removed. It scans your computer for adware, and produces a list of apps marked for removal.

This program is relatively large at 41.8MB, but it's also portable, and ready for immediate use. Launch it, accept the user agreement, click get started, and it'll immediately begin to scan your system for problem.

Note:
This app is portable, no install or uninstall needed.

Reactions: VirusAttak

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
I ran it on both my Win 7 and Win 8.1 machines, No problems and nothing found on either although I didn't expect it to as I keep a clean ship. :D It will be interesting to see results when it gets tested by reliable sources.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For a portable, it's 41MB in size.

You must accept the EULA before getting started.

upload_2014-10-23_13-29-51.png

Scanning starts automatically.

upload_2014-10-23_13-30-50.png

Scanning your Program Files, after system32 folder.

upload_2014-10-23_13-31-29.png

Clean results.

upload_2014-10-23_13-31-39.png

Takeaway: Promotional offer to Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 for 6 months FREE
See post here, Bitdefender Suite 2015 - Giveaways

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool out of beta
Bitdefender has announced the final release of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool, its free portable malware hunter.

As with the beta, the finished program is basic in the extreme. There’s no real-time protection, no Explorer integration, no choice about what to examine: just a single Scan button which checks your entire system.

Removal is a little more flexible. Anything dubious is listed, and you can choose what you keep, and what must go.

BART-300x232.png

The interface is simple, or extremely basic, depending on your point of view

The insistence on scanning your full system drives means the program can take a while. Checking 459GB of files on our test system took around five minutes.

One notable plus seems to be the lack of false positives, at least in our initial testing. Our PC was packed with brand new, low-level and little-known software but the Removal Tool ignored all that, instead zooming in on the real threats.

The program is also portable, so convenient to use, and most unlikely to conflict with other security software.

Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool still isn’t the most essential of tools, but its core engine is a good one, and we’re going to keep a copy on hand for emergency use.
Source

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Different of the other (bad and ugly) Adware Removal Tol by techsupportall.com : http://malwaretips.com/threads/new-adware-removal-tool.32462/#post-271453

EDIT:
- but are Bitdefender trustworthy ?.. I'm not very sure.
I pefer the reliable values like RogueKiller by Tigzy, AdwCleaner by Xplode .. look on their corresponding topics on MT here.

Look here: Internet problem after installing Bitdefender : http://malwaretips.com/threads/internet-problem-after-installing-bitdefender.36481/
Quote: ' .. i know ill never get any of my life back that was wasted on bd but at least i wont be squandering any more of it ..'

Last edited:

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
BitDefender Adware Removal Tool is sort of ADWARE. Thin line is between legal ones and those that are not. And i't not so portable as people imagine..."leave no trace". Even EEK leave two drivers after it runs. You must remove them manually after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.