Advice Request Bitlock Ransomware on Google Drive in cloud

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

tdutta

Thread author
Apr 21, 2020
Hi I have a problem which I am hoping someone has a solutiion to.
Recently my office server was hit by the bitlock Ransomware. I had a few folders from my Google Drive synching with my office computer. Consequently the files on those folders got infected in my office computer. The Google back up and synch promptly propagated the infected files to my Google drive cloud and my home computer. I have wiped clean both the home and office computers and obviously stopped all synching. But those files in google drive in the cloud still have the bitlock extension. I have been dealing with google tech support for three weeks hoping to revert back to an uninfected version of those files. None of the suggestions tech support made resolved the problem. Today they threw up their hands and said they had no other suggestion to make. Please help.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hi I have a problem which I am hoping someone has a solutiion to.
Recently my office server was hit by the bitlock Ransomware. I had a few folders from my Google Drive synching with my office computer. Consequently the files on those folders got infected in my office computer. The Google back up and synch promptly propagated the infected files to my Google drive cloud and my home computer. I have wiped clean both the home and office computers and obviously stopped all synching. But those files in google drive in the cloud still have the bitlock extension. I have been dealing with google tech support for three weeks hoping to revert back to an uninfected version of those files. None of the suggestions tech support made resolved the problem. Today they threw up their hands and said they had no other suggestion to make. Please help.
It will be hard to find out something better than Google tech support, but you can ask @cybercrucible for advice.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.