blacole virus or the like

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Give me sometime as I go through your logs again.

I suspect a conflicting driver or damaged driver.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
I have asked my colleagues to see if they have any ideas :)

In the meanwhile, try disabling some startup programs one at a time to see if it helps. Go to Start > type "run" in the search box and press enter > type msconfig press OK > Click the startup tab and disable some programs.

Then under the service tab, click Hide all Microsoft services and disable a few at a time to see if it helps

phreaknes

Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2013
Fiery said:
Give me sometime as I go through your logs again.

I suspect a conflicting driver or damaged driver.

I'm thinking the same thing. I've been trying some things all day

phreaknes

Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2013
Fiery said:
I have asked my colleagues to see if they have any ideas :)

In the meanwhile, try disabling some startup programs one at a time to see if it helps. Go to Start > type "run" in the search box and press enter > type msconfig press OK > Click the startup tab and disable some programs.

Then under the service tab, click Hide all Microsoft services and disable a few at a time to see if it helps

When I do that it stays up for a while (3 - 8 mins), the SSD HD light pegs, and you can't click on anything, thats when I know its only a matter or time (couple of mins), BSOD then it reboots on it's own to bootldr error. I then cold boot into safe mode.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Would you consider reformatting? That may be the quicker solution since you don't have any system restore points

phreaknes

Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2013
I've been on the road for the last 2 months and got another 4 weeks to go. I've got alot of software for my photography and IT businesses. I have my original hard drive but I don't know if it has a recovery partition or where the win7 install files are located.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.