Blessed Again! (by my Serendipitous Discovery of malwaretips.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugeneandres

Thread author
Sep 26, 2013
My netbook was crippled with high CPU usage, for no apparent reason, especially when browsing in Chrome. I googled "WMI Host Provider high CPU usage" and malwaretips.com informed me that Conduit Search was the culprit, and how to remove it from all the nooks and crannies of my Win7 system. Awesome documentation, and the price is right!

I hope to contribute some useful factoids to the community to reciprocate. Further, I will be assigning my college and high school Technology students to become members and include the site in their technician toolbag. Are there any other teachers out there who are doing something similar? If so, let's share best practices so we can get these kids of all ages employed in the IT field which we know and love.

My IT career spans the past 40 years, including 22 years practicing IT as an app designer/developer, as well as 20 years teaching "mostly college", (but 5 calendar years of high school as part-time faculty).

My technical focus for the past 20 years has been networking. My passion is finding innovative ways to help my students learn and retain knowledge with the goal of earning IT certifications, such as Network+, A+, CCENT/CCNA, and MCTS.

My first certs were Novell CNI and CNE in the 90's. Recently I earned Network+ and CCNA. I'm studying for MCTS 70-410 (Installing and Configuring Microsoft Server 2012), and hope to take it by year end.

Over the past three years, I have become a huge fan of TestOut.com's LabSim products for multimedia courseware and certification exam prep. I used LabSim CCNA three years ago to successfully prepare for the CCNA exams. Now I teach my students using the LabSim A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, and MCTS Server Administration products as "textbooks".

But, enough about me. Who we got out there?

Professor Gene

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
welcome.gif
to this awesome forums (Mawaretips) Professor Gene, you'll find many like minded people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.