Advice Request Block at First Sight in Group Policy for Windows Defender?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I found this interesting option in GPE/Windows Defender:
"This feature ensures the device checks in real time with the Microsoft Active Protection Service (MAPS) before allowing certain content to be run or accessed. If this feature is disabled, the check will not occur, which will lower the protection state of the device.
Enabled – The Block at First Sight setting is turned on.
Disabled – The Block at First Sight setting is turned off."

Clipboard01.jpg

Do you know about it?
Is this enabled or not by default (if not, did you enabled?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Here is something about that:
Enable the Block at First Sight feature to detect malware within seconds

"Block at First Sight is a feature of Windows Defender cloud protection that provides a way to detect and block new malware within seconds.

It is enabled by default when certain pre-requisite settings are also enabled. In most cases, these pre-requisite settings are also enabled by default, so the feature is running without any intervention."

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
i am glad to see that windows defender is improving :D however i would like to see a better performance while processing malware or while scanning, since it takes a lot of resources from the cpu or DD than the average AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.