Blocking the cloudflare 'Crime Defense Network'

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Blocking the cloudflare 'Crime Defense Network' - topic here ..

Blocking the cloudflare 'Crime Defense Network' : on B.I.S.S Forums bluetack.co.uk : http://bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=20449

We're considering adding all cloudflare IP ranges to the blocklists or even give them their very own blocklist.

'Since cloudflare have decided to take the very unfortunate position, that they are not directly responsible for any of their customers actions, and they will not release any useful information about their customers such as IP addresses, ignoring takedown requests, even if their customers are involved in hacking, spamming or other criminal activities... So the cloudflare CDN could actually stand for the 'Crime Defense Network'.' .. ..

Great comment from Magyver on Spambotsecurity:

QUOTE:
'damoncloudflare, you're either a frigging idiot, or you think we are. You can damn well deny them service.

You are providing services to criminals. Stealing copyrighted material is a crime. Defacing private property is a crime. Hacking is a crime. Stealing passwords is a crime. Stealing Email addresses is a crime.

Each and every day Cloudflare aids and abets criminal activity. Providing criminals support and services in their criminal enterprises is unconscionable.

You sir, are a hypocrite, and your organization is too.
You see, we just happen to have a copy of the original mission statement for Cloudflare written by a founding member. Yeppers.
And guess what? Your organization is supposed to be fighting spammers and hackers, not providing support and services to them.

Chump.'

Look on other links of interest, in the VOP website thread: CloudFlare encourage illegality ?.. : http://forums.voiceofthepublic.com/smf2/site-maintenance/cloudflare-encourage-illegality

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I currently don't use Cloudflare as at times it gives errors to my site. Agreed though with the comment of what Magyver said. I sites that have hacked one site in-particular and their on the Cloudflare CDN. Sad to see this happening.

Another reason why I don't go with Cloudflare. They might be good, but there are other companies out there that do the same thing as Cloudflare.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'Asylum, like most other booter services, is hidden behind Cloudflare ..'

- by Krebs on Security, here: DDoS Services Advertise Openly, Take PayPal : http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/05/ddos-services-advertise-openly-take-paypal/

- good read abut BAD manners, sure ..

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Ragebooter: ‘Legit’ DDoS Service, or Fed Backdoor? :eek:n KrebsonSecurituy.com : http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/05/ragebooter-legit-ddos-service-or-fed-backdoor/#more-19475

'Today, we’ll look at ragebooter.net, yet another attack service except for one secret feature which sets it apart from the competition: According the site’s proprietor, ragebooter.net includes a hidden backdoor that lets the FBI monitor customer activity.
This bizarre story began about a week ago, when I first started trying to learn who was responsible for running RageBooter. In late March, someone hacked and leaked the users table for ragebooter.net. The database showed that the very first user registered on the site picked the username “Justin,” and signed up with the email address “primalpoland@gmail.com.”

That email address is tied to a now-defunct Facebook account for 22-year-old Justin Poland from Memphis, Tenn. Poland’s personal Facebook account used the alias “PRIMALRAGE,” and was connected to a Facebook page for an entity called Rage Productions. Shortly after an interview with KrebsOnSecurity, Poland’s personal Facebook page was deleted, and his name was removed from the Rage Productions page.

Ragebooter.net’s registration records are hidden behind WHOIS privacy protection services. But according to a historic WHOIS lookup at domaintools.com, that veil of secrecy briefly fell away when the site was moved behind Cloudflare.com, a content distribution network that also protects sites against DDoS attacks like the ones Ragebooter and its ilk help to create (as I noted in Monday’s story, some of the biggest targets of booter services are in fact other booter services). For a brief period in Oct. 2012, the WHOIS records showed that ragebooter.net was registered by a Justin Poland in Memphis.

I “friended” Poland on Facebook and said I wanted to interview him. He accepted my request' .. ..

Ragebooter’s network structure. Image Allison Nixon - ResizSh.jpg
R8jfDC5.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.