Blue Screen Error - Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

manishteotia

New Member
Verified
Hi Fiery,

I hope you are doing well.

On 9-Nov, when I logged in to my laptop then my Windows Vista displayed a blue screen. This blue screen contains a message that states that "Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." At other times, Windows Vista displays a message after I log on that indicates that Windows has recovered from a serious error or an unexpected shutdown. Then, Windows Vista prompts to check for a solution to the problem.
I faced this problem 6-7 times on 9-nov. This never happened before and also I did not receive that message till now after 9-nov.
I am worried that if this is some hardware issue or this is due to some malware/Virus.
I thought to take your advice for this issue. You helped in beginning of this year to remove one virus which was not allowing me to connect to internet.
I am attaching some files for error received; these might help you to understand the issue better.
Please help me in resolving my problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manish
 

Attachments

Hello, I'll be working with you :)


Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.


  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
 
1. Please download ComboFix by sUBs from here and save it to your Desktop.
If you are unsure how ComboFix works please read this guidehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix carefully.
Note: ComboFix must be downloaded to your Desktop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program.
If you are unsure how to do this please read http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/how-to-disable-your-security-applications-490111.htmlthis or this Instruction.

Note: Do not forget to turn on this option after the cleaning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Run ComboFix. Click on I Agree!

ComboFix will check if there is a newer version of ComboFix available.
Click Yes if prompted to download.

ComboFix will display DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue.

If Recovery Console is not installed, ComboFix will offer download & installation.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to install Recovery Console.
Note:Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running.
If you see a message like "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" just restart computer once more.


--------------------------------------------------------------------
4. When the tool is finished, it will produce a log report for you. (typical location: C:\ComboFix.txt )
Attach log reports ( ComboFix.txt) back to topic.
 
Hello,

Please find attached ComboFix.txt log report.

When ComboFix was running an error message "Application Corrupt" appeared in window pop-up. This message appeared 7-8 times, I cancelled it everytime and did not touched ComboFix window.

Thank you,
Manish
 

Attachments

Let's have another check


Please download DDS and save it to your Desktop from here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/dds/dl/104/

Double click to run the tool, click the Start button.

* When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
1. DDS.txt
2. Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. DDS.txt and Attach.txt attach back to topic.
 
Ok, that's a relief for me..

I am sorry but did not understand "BSODs"?
If you mean the Blue Screen Error then I did not receive it later. But on the same day received it 7-8 times continuously.

Thank you,
Manish Kumar
 
Download WhoCrashed from here:
http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

This program will try to verify the analysis, which is the cause of driver error.
Note: This program requires installation.



Double-click to start the installation, and click Next .
  • Check I accept the agreement and then the Next .
    The program install to that location, and under that name by the program you offer.
  • Click Next and in the next window, click Next
  • Check Create a Desktop Icon and then click Next and then Install .



    After you've installed WhoCrashed program, run it.

    Note: If you get message that it look like this:



    Click Download the requested file from the Microsoft site now and wait for the process to
    download additional files and installation is complete.





    >> When the program starts, click Analyze .
    When scanning is done,click OK .
  • Right-click on the area of the page with the report and select Select All, .
  • Right-click on the area of the page with the report and select copy
  • Open a new Notepad and select past to copy the contents of the logo in the notepad.
Now you can close the program.

Please attach here notepad with that logreport.
 
Hello,

Thank you very much for confirmation and providing your precious time.

I received following message several time:
"Microsoft Windows Search Indexer has stopped working".

When I click on "Check online for a solution", nothing happens.

I received this message twice in last week.

Thank you,
Manish
 
Adobe products have caused blue screens for me many times. You might have legit software causing problems. It is not all that uncommon.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top