BlueScreenView

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabloBlack

Thread author
Nov 5, 2011
Ever get the dreaded BSOD and then panic trying to decipher all the technical information presented to you in that pretty blue screen? Well I came across a handy little tool that I have been using while trying to help a family member troubleshoot random BSOD issues. It's called BlueScreenView by NirSoft.

Description

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version).
For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane. BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.

bluescreenview.gif

bluescreenview2.gif

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
This is probably the best tool I've used when troubleshooting PCs that's got frequent BSODs. I've been using this for a long time already and it's yet to disappoint me.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Very indispensable! And it is in the folder of UVK! Yes, look in your Ultra Virus Killer folder.;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've seen this before and looks good. Will work well to find out how your computer keeps Blue Screening.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This tool will generally help to trace the cause of Blue Screen so that the problem may solve easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.