Basic Security bob's Security Configuration 2018

bobsmith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Both work perfectly fine with CF from the best of my knowledge!

If anyone knows of anything he may need to configure up please feel free to chime in, but from my past experiences while I was using Kaspersky I didn't have to tweak things up (or maybe it has been too long and I forgot I had to make any tweaks).

@Umbra from Emsisoft could help to answer this question. Good man, could you provide some insight on the side of Emsisoft for @bobsmith ? I don't believe he has to configure anything up to use CF does he? If you could provide some insight that would be great.

@harlan4096 or @JM Security to the best of my knowledge Kaspersky works right out of the box with CF right? I havn't used Kaspersky in a very long time after I turned over to Norton for my security (no it wasn't because of 'Russians'). Thanks guys!

~Brian
thanks again brain for all your input

Reactions: Lightning_Brian

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
kaspersky free has been recommended to go along with CF... what about kaspersky AV or emsisoft anti-malware? i have a friend that has a license for both and he doesn't use either... thanks again for all and any input
I would not think twice, if you have the opportunity, get the Emsisoft Anti-Malware! I have it installed on my other machine, excellent protection, lightweight, practical GUI and extremely fast response, better behavior blocker (along with G Data) in my opinion, besides of course its support, which for me is the best.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Both work perfectly fine with CF from the best of my knowledge!

If anyone knows of anything he may need to configure up please feel free to chime in, but from my past experiences while I was using Kaspersky I didn't have to tweak things up (or maybe it has been too long and I forgot I had to make any tweaks).

@Umbra from Emsisoft could help to answer this question. Good man, could you provide some insight on the side of Emsisoft for @bobsmith ? I don't believe he has to configure anything up to use CF does he? If you could provide some insight that would be great.

@harlan4096 or @JM Security to the best of my knowledge Kaspersky works right out of the box with CF right? I havn't used Kaspersky in a very long time after I turned over to Norton for my security (no it wasn't because of 'Russians'). Thanks guys!

~Brian
Yes, I think there aren't conflicts, plus it is a very good combo: Comodo Firewall (because of powerful HIPS, etc.) and Kaspersky (very strong also for signatures).

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
ZAM with resident protection enabled? or only as on demand scanner? :)

Reactions: bribon77

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.