Poll Books: Do you prefer paper or an electronic copy?

Your preference when it comes to buying books?

• Hardcover

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Paperback

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • EPUB (e-book)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Audiobook

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Paperback or hard cover (if I catch a sale). There's something tactile about turning a page that you just can't get from electronic media.
Same reason here. Especially with some of the technical journals or books for work, where I highlight, underline, or add colored tabs to pages, makes it a lot easier to reference those pages or concepts. Otherwise, my Kindle Paperwhite can be easier to hold with one hand and is easy on the eyes.

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
I recently bought a paperback book that I was looking forward to reading. Once I received it in the mail, I realized that even with my progressive glasses (I'm in my 60's) I could hardly read the print/text. I ended up having to re-purchase the same book only in Kindle version. With Kindle, I can enlarge the text at will. In addition, I can read in bed without having to have my ceiling light on because the Kindle is back-lit.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Novels as audio books, non-fiction books on paper
I listen to novels in my apartment via Amazon Echo every chance I get.
I can't do it, either electric or audio. I can't even listen to the garbage I write. I need to see the words on paper. LOL But, I'm old, too. Maybe if I grew up with computers, computer related devices, it would be different. Until a couple of years ago, I wrote my trash on my old manual Royal typewriter, then copied it into the computer.

Reactions: simmerskool

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Digital. I can change the font which is a big deal for some of us. I don't have a reading disability or anything (although special fonts for that community are essential), but I found I read faster when I resize the font and change it to something that I find easier to read for a prolong period of time. Matter of fact the most important thing for me is line spacing. If things are too cramed together I feel like I lose my place in the line or I need reading glasses.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Novels as audio books, non-fiction books on paper
I listen to novels in my apartment via Amazon Echo every chance I get.
Thanks, I didn't even think of that. I have an Audible account and some audiobooks that I listen to through my work PC stereo, and recently I bought an Echo and Dot. So now I have that option as well :)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Just ordered this beauty from 1939. This book has got some history. 😍

22344376.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I need to turn paper pages too, I probably have more paperbacks than hardcovers, but no special reason choosing one over the other although price can come into it. Tried kindle, don't like it despite my crappy vision. My wife reads on her iphone max and I get scolded for "more books..." yes dear! more books!!

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I need to turn paper pages too, I probably have more paperbacks than hardcovers, but no special reason choosing one over the other although price can come into it. Tried kindle, don't like it despite my crappy vision. My wife reads on her iphone max and I get scolded for "more books..." yes dear! more books!!
Like and Funny :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.