Troubleshoot Boot Prob

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
When I press the start button on my Lenovo V570 it gets hung up on the initial page that says Lenovo in large white letters in the middle of the screen. In the lower left corner it says "Press F2 for enter setup, F12 for enter MultiBoot Menu". In the lower right corner there is a bar that gets hung up immediately at about the half way point.

I can't start the computer in SAFE mode with f8.

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo : Based on my experience, the hotkey may not work however if it can detect automatic bootable drive without accessing then it should be fine as long you insert a fully recognized which mount from ISO.

Try this which needs to boot on Windows.

* Close all open programs.
* Press the Windows key + R. The "Run" tab appears.
* Type msconfig and then click [OK].
* The System Configuration Utility appears, click on the tab. Select the Safe Boot . Make sure the box "Minimal" is checked and then click [OK].

www.tomshardware.com/forum/10121-63-cant-enter-bios

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i missed that part lol, so if he can't boot he has few ways :

look like he can't even insert a usb or dvd.

he should be able to load the bios, does he keep pressing repeatedly F2 right away after he turn on the laptop?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
i missed that part lol, so if he can't boot he has few ways :

look like he can't even insert a usb or dvd.

he should be able to load the bios, does he keep pressing repeatedly F2 right away after he turn on the laptop?
F2 is the key to enter BIOS. But nothing happens pressing F2 repeatedly.

DId u tried to reset ur CMOS battery?
How to do that?

@yesnoo : Based on my experience, the hotkey may not work however if it can detect automatic bootable drive without accessing then it should be fine as long you insert a fully recognized which mount from ISO.

Try this which needs to boot on Windows.

www.tomshardware.com/forum/10121-63-cant-enter-bios
Currently I have 2 GB USB.

How can I make the 2 GB USB bootable so that I can test if the system picks up the USB automatically?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
How to do that?
I did that once on an Asus laptop!
The jumpers are located below or near the ram chip slot!
I only advise this if you know what you are doing!
Or try taking out the CMOS battery and then reinsert and see if the machine will boot!

PS:The location of the jumpers may be in a different location on your particular brand!!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
As far i know lenevo laptops don't have jumpers

If u r doing it first time or not a pro i would recomend u to take help of ur friend or someone who u know r good in this stuff.
watch -

I opened the back cover of the laptop.

In the video the battery is round like a coin & no wires attached to it.
On the laptop here, I see one round thing like that & it is covered with black plastic or rubber & 2 wires black & red attached to it.

Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I opened the back cover of the laptop.

In the video the battery is round like a coin & no wires attached to it.
On the laptop here, I see one round thing like that & it is covered with black plastic or rubber & 2 wires black & red attached to it.
watch this -

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
watch this -

In the video, there is a connector at the end of the wires of cmos that you have to attach to the other part of it.
On my laptop the connector was not attached,
I attached it. But this didn't solve the prob.

To reset cmos, just disonnecting the connector & reconnecting after sometime is required or you have to take out cmos battery?
I didn't take out cmos battery.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.