Troubleshoot Boot Prob

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
When I press the start button on my Lenovo V570 it gets hung up on the initial page that says Lenovo in large white letters in the middle of the screen. In the lower left corner it says "Press F2 for enter setup, F12 for enter MultiBoot Menu". In the lower right corner there is a bar that gets hung up immediately at about the half way point.

I can't start the computer in SAFE mode with f8.

Reactions: Logethica

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I searched google & figured out that " bioExcess fingerprint reader or Veriface " is the issue here & i suspect the same reason for u. The solution is to boot in safe mode & disable it from running startup in msconfig & later uninstall it. But since u don't get into safe mode, i have a hard time finding solution fo u.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I searched google & figured out that " bioExcess fingerprint reader or Veriface " is the issue here & i suspect the same reason for u. The solution is to boot in safe mode & disable it from running startup in msconfig & later uninstall it. But since u don't get into safe mode, i have a hard time finding solution fo u.
I searched google a lot & Lenovo forum for my system & other system too & tried as many solutions I could find & apply but nothing worked.
I too found the one you have mentioned but the prob is can't get into safemode, bios, multiboot menu, etc...

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo: I don't want to give you pessimistic thinking but try to update the BIOS however if persist then it needs hardware replacement which costly though. :)

According on my research, it ends either replacement which highly chance of to work or flash BIOS for possible corruption.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo: I don't want to give you pessimistic thinking but try to update the BIOS however if persist then it needs hardware replacement which costly though. :)

According on my research, it ends either replacement which highly chance of to work or flash BIOS for possible corruption.
I am ready to flash BIOS.
But how to flash BIOS when the system cant boot from USB, etc...?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo : Have you try to insert an external keyboard and see if you can access BIOS? You may check my post about using msconfig.
How can I use msconfig when the system cant boot?

Dont have external keyboard.

When I keep pressing F2 to enter BIOS, at the bottom I see please wait... & a bar progressing but the progress stucks at mid-way.

Upvote 0

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I think it was from clean up software,malware,software updates or windows updates.good luck with the problem :) hope you fix it

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Today I took the laptop to 2 technician & both mentioned the prob seems like due to motherboard & they will have to check the laptop to verify the prob & give me the cost for repairing charges.

What do you guys suggest & what should be the cost for repairing charges if the prob is with motherboard?
I asked this coz I want to be little prepared to discuss the prob & repairing charges.
What amount app in indian rupees (INR) should I accept & be fine to pay for repairing motherboard prob?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Just now I downloaded BIOS from Lenovo for my laptop.
BIOS file looked like zip file but properties showed exe.
Extracted BIOS file, extraction gave zip file, extracted again & got a folder with bunch of files. There was a folder named "Crisis". Inside it was BIOS file in .cap format & Readme file. Readme file mentioned create bootable USB, rename BIOS file to BIOS.cap & copy to USB. Attach USB, press & hold fn + R & press power, keep holding fn + R for few secs & leave. You will see BIOS flashing screen.
I did the above & BIOS flashed successfully.

Now the progress bar on Lenovo screen stucks at the end i.e loads fully & then stucks (previously it stucked at halfway)
Now F2 takes me to BIOS setup (previously progress bar stucked at halfway for F2 too)

BIOS setup - Security - showed "No HDD detected".
I corrected time/date on BIOS, saved & exited but still BIOS - Security - mentioned "No HDD detected".
I changed SATA Controller in BIOS from AHCI - IDE, saved & exited & now BIOS - Security - HDD detected.
But still on Lenovo screen progress bar loads fully & stucks.
I tried F8 & on Lenovo screen progress bar fully loads & proceeds but blank screen & nothing after that.

What should I do now?

Lenovo V570
Win 7 64 Home

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have never used Hirens Boot CD. I prepared Hirens Bootable USB. I entered MiniXP. And under MiniXP...DiskManagement shows partitions healthy but the space shown is same i.e 190Gb & free space 190GB too & the same for other partitions too.

I have a bootable Win 10 USB. I tried to install Win 10 & the first screen appeared i.e Windows logo with little spinning circle below the logo...the screen was there little longer than usual & then proceeded but black screen & nothing after that.

I tried chkdsk under MiniXP & get file fragments unreadable.

I am trying to remove harddisk & reseat again. I have removed the screw but cant figure out to remove harddisk. Will watch some videos on this & try.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Guys,

Tried replacing damaged HDD with a HDD from other laptop. It worked. Did a Win 10 64 clean install & activated with Win 7 Key on the back of the laptop. Activation was successful. Everything fine.

Thanxx for your support & time.

Regards
Yesnoo

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Guys,

Tried replacing damaged HDD with a HDD from other laptop. It worked. Did a Win 10 64 clean install & activated with Win 7 Key on the back of the laptop. Activation was successful. Everything fine.

Thanxx for your support & time.

Regards
Yesnoo
So I am guessing you killed two birds with one stone.Both of your problems solved

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So I am guessing you killed two birds with one stone.Both of your problems solved
Lenovo prob solved.
As you can see this thread we tried quite a few solution. Finally solved.
And HP has black screen prob as you know but Lenovo is working now so 1 active system with no prob will be there & the best part is Lenovo specs are better than HP.

For HP black screen prob as you know we have tried many solutions. Only solution now remain are as you have mentioned in that thread to try with power cord only for few days i.e without battery. So will give it a try. And another solution check inverter that's going to be little tough for me but will give a try or take to tech.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Lenovo prob solved.
As you can see this thread we tried quite a few solution. Finally solved.
And HP has black screen prob as you know but Lenovo is working now so 1 active system with no prob will be there & the best part is Lenovo specs are better than HP.

For HP black screen prob as you know we have tried many solutions. Only solution now remain are as you have mentioned in that thread to try with power cord only for few days i.e without battery. So will give it a try. And another solution check inverter that's going to be little tough for me but will give a try or take to tech.
If Lenovo is better then I wouldn't bother with the HP anymore

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.