Solved Boot Time Help plz not satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Hope this is the right Place to put this (Did not see a Help thread)

Glary Utilities Pro 4 Says 1min 42sec

It was at 34Sec when i ran Glary but wont go down so Somethings hold in it on Boot time

SO i need some help with Boot time its been acting slow booting up Today. (Wasn't like that before) I have used CCleaner, Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional, Glary Utilities Pro 4 which made my PC fas before used it again bot didn't fix.

Things i have running on startup. Admuncher Pro, Glary Utilities Pro 4, DVDFab virtual Drive, Desktop Icon Toy 4.2, Emsisoft Online Armor, ESET Smart security 7.

Thanks

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
  • Don't use two firewalls (Online Armor and ESET)
  • My personal opinion is that there's no need to virtual cd emulators run at Windows startup
  • I would not use adblocker that is running all the time in the backround
use Start up manager in Glary Utilities to see what programs have the most impact on Windows startup time

Upvote 0

jdbonezo7

Nov 1, 2013
I would remove all from startup but keep Eset for security and Glary. Apply those 2 only and reboot lets check the boot time, and trial and error until we figure out whats slowing us down.

Upvote 0

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Yeah you really don't need two firewalls. Actually 2 HIPS as well. I would keep ESS and disable everything else. Enable each service that you need and see if it increases the boot time.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Online Armor is heavy on boot and its drivers will conflict with ESET one (that already has anti-keylogger features).

all you need at startup is ESET services, like the other said disable or uninstall the rest.

just had ESET on before awhile ago when i had my PC shutdown then when i turned my PC on and logged in it said I was in a different profile Temp profile it was werid thought i had got hacked LOL. its been keeping me safe.

are you sure it is not ESET anti-theft phantom account ?

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Your Pc specs have a lot to do with this also,processor,ram,ect.
Definitely uninstall OA & keep ESET
DVDFab either uninstall if you don't really use it or stop it from starting with Windows.
Desktop Icon Toy is not necessary,nice for the bling,if this was installed before boot slowdown.
AdMuncher I would get rid of it.

AS Umbra said,are you on a ESET Phantom account? Do you have anti-theft enabled on ESET?

The purpose of the Phantom Account is to protect your real user accounts. In ESET Anti-Theft setup, you are prompted to password-protect all your accounts. A Phantom Account requires no password, and therefore is easily accessible for the person with your device.

The Phantom Account:

*is automatically opened when the missing device starts (while your actual accounts are hidden)
*collects data on the device location, webcam pictures and screenshots
*sends the data to your my.eset.com account

If this is what it is you need to revert the device status back to normal

See this for how to do it:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3158

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Your Pc specs have a lot to do with this also,processor,ram,ect.
Definitely uninstall OA & keep ESET
DVDFab either uninstall if you don't really use it or stop it from starting with Windows.
Desktop Icon Toy is not necessary,nice for the bling,if this was installed before boot slowdown.
AdMuncher I would get rid of it.

are you sure it is not ESET anti-theft phantom account ?

AS Umbra said,are you on a ESET Phantom account? Do you have anti-theft enabled on ESET?

NO i don't think it was in ESET Phantom account, It was awhile ago tho along time past so I'm unsure. It was part OF anti-theft i might have had it enabled but hard to tell now. Thanks for mentioning that guys i will watch out for that if it happens again i will be sure to hit u guys up. Thanks

Here's my specs sorry forgot to post. Also u can find them on my profile in wizard configs

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz 31 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD4-B3 (Socket 1155) 22 °C
Graphics
IPS225 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (NVIDIA) 34 °C
Storage
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 ATA Device (SATA) 26 °C
298GB Hitachi HDT725032VLA380 ATA Device (SATA) 31 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B3ST c ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

your computer spec is very good, so i think the issue is mostly the useless softs starting at boot.

note that "if" you use a non-legit Win7 , it may be wrapped with malwares slowing you down.
also you should also disable useless services , win7 has quite a lot enabled unlike Win8 (check Blackviper website for win7 services tweaks)

Upvote 0
I

illumination

The i7 @3.4 is pretty decent, the ram would be better dual channel, but would suffice.. The hard drive, is massive, i imagine defrags/scans take a minute.. lol Anyway, i would be willing to say you have too much software going on as stated above, running OA and ESS .. If i understand, you took OA off but still have slow times.. I would personally remove all but your security from start up, everything else could be started manually after start up is complete.. I would then check and see how many restore points you have going on, and after making sure i had everything backed up and good, i would delete all but one, then i would defrag/optimize the drive/programs.

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks ALL for your help , NO need to help me anymore as I had to do a Reformat and all is good for now:D

Anybody Can still Post there ideas tho all will be considered

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.