File and Photo backup
FreeFileSync, Acronis True Image
System recovery
Acronis True Image [Bootable USB]

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
With that read most operating system nowadays, both pre-loaded and OEM disc versions, come with 64bit and 32bit. My question was if there is any benefits to 32bit if you have the choice between the 32 and 64.

Yes there is a big difference, from a 32 BIT pc and 32 BIT OS compared to a 64 BIT machine with 64 BIT OS.
In terms of virtually everything, but notably the RAM, SPEED and Cores but more importantly you can run more programs at the same time and the assigning of tasks to your multicore 64B cpu is much more efficient just to point out a big difference.
However 64B is backwards compatible with 32b as not every program is yet written in 64b

A

Alkajak

Yes there is a big difference, from a 32 BIT pc and 32 BIT OS compared to a 64 BIT machine with 64 BIT OS.
In terms of virtually everything, but notably the RAM, SPEED and Cores but more importantly you can run more programs at the same time and the assigning of tasks to your multicore 64B cpu is much more efficient just to point out a big difference.
However 64B is backwards compatible with 32b as not every program is yet written in 64b

@Alkajak N.nvt posted the right answer, u should read. Also these days most PC games supports 64 bit architecture, he forget to mention that :D

Thanks a ton for the answers. I guess the only con to 64bit OS is some drivers not being compatible yet.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I intend to use ESET Smart Security, I hope that I will secure banking page if it does not install a sandbox.

Reactions: Logethica

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Because you have an integrated graphics card, built-in graphic cards getting its vRAM(memory) from your RAM. You can control how much it takes from your RAM in BIOS settings ;)
that's i know too. i don't have any inbuilt graphic card. i bought a card yrs ago & when i look at DXDIAG, it shows i have 2 GB of GC when i have only i GB. some peoples reported they get less then 3 gb ram in 32 bit.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Added Debut Video Capture [from NCH Softwares]

It's the best video/audio/screenshot capture software I've tested, in terms of lightness when capturing, watermark, subtitle, video effect options and export size/quality and it's free (there's upgrade to paid version option through the program)

But...

Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
  • Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
  • Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
  • Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function
All successfully detected by ESET.

I suggest all users to download the free version from Softpedia link since on the NCH page it will lead you to download the paid version

I needed to add the setup and execution file of the program to the exclusion list in ESET.
When you try to install the program, new window opens up showing you to install some other of NCH programs such as their video converter, audio editor and others so you need to uncheck those if you don't need it.

Also

program itself is messing with a registry a little bit.
It adds a lot a new registry keys to your registry (yet another trick to download more of their software)

• When you right click on any of your picture/photo you will notice that there's new menu that gives you an option to : create a slideshow (downloads NCH VideoPad Video Editor)
  • -II- on the video file you will see : create a slideshow (downloads NCH VideoPad Video Editor), convert file (downloads Prism Video Converter), etc
  • -II- on the audio file you will see : edit audio (downloads WavePad Audio Editor)
  • -II- on the archive file you will see : extract all/here (download NCH ExpressZip)
So, be aware, I needed to manually delete all these keys from the registry. (via RegSeeker, just typed nchedit , nchconvert, nchextract, nchslideshow, and delete all the keys it can be found)

Just informing...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi Bora. I liked your configuration, and shall check out NHC on Softpedia. Thanks!:D
By the way, have you considered upgrading to ESET Smart Security 8 yet?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.