Acronis True Image [Bootable USB]

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I wonder if Opera will still support NPAPI?

Lots of people switched to Firefox as soon as they heard that Chrome was dropping it.
I dunno, the only thing I didn't like is that I needed to install Flash Player PPAPI Plugin for able to watch videos on sites that still didn't changed flash to HTML5 (like Facebook). Everything else is great about Opera.
Flash will die one day. Valar Morghulis

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I dunno, the only thing I didn't like is that I needed to install Flash Player PPAPI Plugin for able to watch videos on sites that still didn't changed flash to HTML5 (like Facebook). Everything else is great about Opera.
Flash will die one day. Valar Morghulis
I liked your exchanged apps & extensions.:)

"Valar dohaeris" :rolleyes:

PS Don't drink the :eek:water!

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Removed ZenMate?

You can email them at support@zenmate.com and request for an account cancellation/deletion. They should get back to you in 48 hours or less. You will need to confirm your email address and provide feedback or concerns, so check your Junk folder.

upload_2015-6-17_11-1-33.png

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Removed ZenMate?

You can email them at support@zenmate.com and request for an account cancellation/deletion. They should get back to you in 48 hours or less. You will need to confirm your email address and provide feedback or concerns, so check your Junk folder.

View attachment 61497
Yep, I just noticed that I didn't used it at all. So I removed it.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
AdGuard over UBlock?
Yes. I noticed that Adguard is "better" at blocking some sites with Adblock removal notice. uBlock blocks them also, but with jumping window that closes automatically after 2 seconds. Adguard doesn't allow for jumping window to jump at all.
Both are great and light. Just wanted to change a little bit with that behavior I noticed above.

Bryan J

Level 1
Verified
May 17, 2015
Removed Chrome, Ublock Origin, ZenMate, HitmanPro
Added Opera, Adguard, Nimbus Screenshot , Zemana AntiMalware
:)

Hey BM!! Long time no see/talk. :D I recently had to reinstall Windoze due to my apps 'not responding'. I never did figure out what exactly was causing it, but I was using both Zenmate and Hitman. And switching between Chrome, FF, and Opera. Anyway, I'm still using Ublock and Chrome now. But I just took a look at and downloaded both Adguard and Zemana per your post/advice. So thanks for that. Based on what I've read about Adguard, I'll most likely be removing Ublock as well.

Hope ya have a good holiday weekend man. I'll be grillin' and chillin' with the family myself. Cheers!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hey BM!! Long time no see/talk. :D I recently had to reinstall Windoze due to my apps 'not responding'. I never did figure out what exactly was causing it, but I was using both Zenmate and Hitman. And switching between Chrome, FF, and Opera. Anyway, I'm still using Ublock and Chrome now. But I just took a look at and downloaded both Adguard and Zemana per your post/advice. So thanks for that. Based on what I've read about Adguard, I'll most likely be removing Ublock as well.

Hope ya have a good holiday weekend man. I'll be grillin' and chillin' with the family myself. Cheers!
Both ublock and adguard are great. Its just a personal preferance among some minimal diferencies. Happy grillin and chillin to you and your family :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I am still a follower of your Configuration Lord @BoraMurdar ;). I'm not settled with one thing until now, that is the 'backup' of my system. I'm not sure which to choose, freeware or Windows backup or any other. Because all my files including downloads are set to default in external drive, so I feel its no use of backing up any :p
All my important files are backup-ed (copied) on my external HDD once in a week. So photos, documents and music files are protected from loss. Also most of them are backup-ed on MEGA , some of most important are encrypted offline using AES Crypt and then uploaded to MEGA.

I use Acronis True Image now for system backup (partition imaging), it gives me a lot of options and it saves me precious time and nerves when I need to reinstall the system. Actually, if I want to recover my system, everything is back in 10minutes with all my programs and settings.

Good free alternatives are Macrium Reflect, AOMEI Backkuper and EASEUS Todo Backup Free

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
All my important files are backup-ed (copied) on my external HDD once in a week. So photos, documents and music files are protected from loss. Also most of them are backup-ed on MEGA , some of most important are encrypted offline using AES Crypt and then uploaded to MEGA.

I use Acronis True Image now for system backup (partition imaging), it gives me a lot of options and it saves me precious time and nerves when I need to reinstall the system. Actually, if I want to recover my system, everything is back in 10minutes with all my programs and settings.

Good free alternatives are Macrium Reflect, AOMEI Backkuper and EASEUS Todo Backup Free
That's the power of full system images. Complete and almost instant restoration of the partition which the image contains, exactly as it was when the image was created. :p
System imaging is a key layer of security for any robust security config.

MEGA is also my favorite cloud storage and hosting service. Their security and privacy measures as well as the encryption they automatically apply to users' files is top-notch!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
...all data sent to Mega.nz is encrypted with a user-created, 2048-bit RSA key before it leaves your computer. Nobody can decrypt your data, not even the Mega.nz employees, as long as you do not tell anyone else the encryption key that you created. Even the file names are encrypted although you can see them after entering the encryption key. If some person does manage to hack in and copy the data you uploaded (which is unlikely), the result will be useless without the encryption key. He or she cannot even see the file names or tell where one file ends and the next begins. This guarantees safety of your data. In fact, there is no option to upload unencrypted data; everything is always encrypted. With Mega.nz, you control the encryption, you hold the keys, and you decide who you grant or deny access to your files with no risky requirement to install any software.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

Wont u use Microsoft's OneDrive?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.