Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Today ,I've installed and start playing Borderlands ..... right now I'm at level 10.... :D it's a pretty good game..
Did any of you guys play this game? :intello:

Last edited:

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Yeah, I played it, and they lost me after 2 minutes... :p I can't find the graphics interesting...

eXp

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Well, I like the bigger sci-fi games, with jetpacks (at least jump-packs). In Tribes 2, some ~ 5v5 games were very fun.

Any cheap/free FPS games with multiplayer and jetpacks? Tribes 2 is getting old and more are abandoning it.

Anyway, Minecraft is fun too, but it uses too much resources for my laptop. :-/

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
LaserWraith said:
Is it multiplayer? I prefer free games anyway...so I can break addictions more easily. :)
It has a co-op mode and a versus mode..but I didn't start playing online yet since my character is still at level 10(very low level) :D

eXPerience said:
I can't find the graphics interesting...
I love the graphics . looks very original .... I'm now addicted to this game :p

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
First problem :
So I've spawn a vehicle
4092413788_92c51f9845.jpg

And I've started driving it around...but their is a problem...The keys very badly thought, basically to go forward or backwords you use the "W" and "S" key and to stear left or right....you've got to use the left or right arrow.... :grrrrrr:
So I've got to have both hands on the keyboard ... :lolz: ..why on earth "2K" thought this key bindings are good???
The sad part is that I can't find a solution for this because the A and D keys are for "Strafe Right and Left" and i need them to move my character around... :lolz:

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Looks like it might be alright but I'll have to stick with Crysis 2 and BulletStorm for now.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I love Borderlands!

I actually like the look of it as well. To me it feels a bit like you're playing a comic book! But after a few minutes, you don't even notice the more cartoonish look than most people expect from a FPS these days.

Since I do 99.9% of my gaming by myself, I think it's a much more fun game than the ever popular Halo Reach, which is obviously designed with co-op playing in mind.

I have a level 58 soldier who is nearly through his second playthrough. I've stopped just short of entering the vault because when you enter the vault on your second playthrough, it kicks all the enemies throughout the Borderlands up to level 60. So I'm not planning on entering the vault this time around until I finish the 4 DLC packs. (And can hopefully kill Crawmerax in the Secret Armory of General Knoxx, which I had no hope of doing on my first playthrough...)

The game also matches my sense of humor pretty well. One of my favorite quotes:

General Knoxx - This planet smells like a hemorrhoid wrapped in bacon...

I also thought it was pretty funny that Patricia Tannis had an affair with her Echo Recorder. :p

Edit: Oh, and I think this is a pretty funny look at Borderlands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmUJrKGN3C0

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
:goodpost:
Level 58 :shok: ...I have been playing it for a few weeks and only managed to achive level 20!.... This is a good game!:p

Watched the video.... Epic!:p

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I have this game on Xbox 360, I finished it with all 4 characters then started to get bored so I modded it, Level 70 with god like weapons and shields now its fun.

Haven't played it a long while tho. Gaming hasn't been a thing I have time for lately.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Jack said:
:goodpost:
Level 58 :shok: ...I have been playing it for a few weeks and only managed to achive level 20!.... This is a good game!:p

As you progress, the quests start giving you huge amounts of XP. You'll probably be over level 40 when you finish the first playthrough. I think I was around level 45, but I'm a bit of a completionist and completed every possible side quest. Then playing the 4 DLC packs took me up over level 50, and then the entire second playthrough gained me less than 10 levels. :s

I still haven't completed even a single DLC yet on my second playthrough (I started with the Secret Armory of General Knoxx, which is in desperate need to quick travel points (at least the Xbox360 version does not have any quick travel points in the DLC's)) The DLC's should net me a few more levels, so I'll probably be around level 62-63 when I complete my second playthrough.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I just maxed out my character last night. With the DLC's, your max level is 69, the standard game maxes at level 50.

Just a word of warning if you have the Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC. The quest to blow up the armory is basically the end of the storyline quests, much like entering the vault in the main game, so after completing these quests on your second playthrough, Borderlands will turn into a world of death with all enemies continually spawning a level above yours.

This is not such a big deal in the main game because you've more than likely completed all the side quests before entering the vault, (If you're a completionist like me...) but with the Secret Armory, there are quests that you will not be given until you blow up the armory. This means that all further quests will have the 'Tough' rating because all enemies now outlevel you. It's just a bit of an annoyance with common enemies, but can be a brick wall with some of the boss enemies. :mad:

I don't think I'll be able to complete my second playthrough because although I have really nice weapons by this point, I just can't do enough damage to kill a particular boss before more healing units spawn and restore him back to full health. :black_eye:

On the plus side, I only need 3 more Xbox achievements to have all 80. :cool: Unfortunately, two of those (after which will give me the third) will take close to two hours each to complete, so I'm less than enthused to get them.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Yes, her skill is quite useful. Heals, deals damage, makes her move faster, she's invisible, etc... Makes her a lot of fun to play.

Eagerly looking forward to Borderlands 2. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.